C H A P T E R 18

JEALOUS?

writers note: I'm sorry this is an extremely long chapter :/

"R-rafe," Callie cried on the floor as he arrived near her and got on the ground too. He helped her sitting down properly and examined her.

"Baby what happened?" he asked as he took her face in his hands and kissed her forehead to confort her. She just shook her head, closing her eyes as she kept sobbing and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Whoever did it to you, you don't have to be scared, I'm here"

He hugged back, wrapping his arms around her waist to keep her close. They stayed here, sitting on the ground, in the backyard of his house, her crying in his arms for a few moments. "Come on, who did this to you?"

"Your friend," she said and pulled away from him so that he could look at her hurt arm."Rafe it hurts so much"

"I can only imagine baby, but hum.. wh- what friend?" he asked softly touching it, paying attention not to hurt her more.

"Your dealer, he said if you didn't pay him he'd do it again," she felt sobs coming back as she said it, because she pictured it happening again. "But please Rafe, I really don't want it to happen again," her voice cracked as she said it and his eyes became tearful too.

Because that's when he understood his actions had consequences, but not only on him, on the ones he loved too.

"No no baby it's never gonna happen again. It's okay now I'm keeping you safe and he's gonna regret he did it"

"Please don't do anything dumb"

He nodded and helped her getting up. "Let me clean your wound now"

"Hey no, it's fine I'm gonna go, I have sparadrap in my bag," she lied.

"What? no stay with me please," he asked, replacing a lock of her hair and she kissed his lips.

"No Rafe really, I'd rather go home and rest"

"We can rest together, or if you want, I planned on golfing with Wheezie, you can come with us she'd be glad"

"Would only Wheezie be glad though?"

"Yeah well I guess I'd put up with your presence," he joked and she faked being hurt by his words. "No for real, come with us"

"I've got things to deal with right now, but I promise, I'll join you there later"

"Pinky promise?" he asked and she crossed their pinky fingers to seal it.

"promise"

She kissed his lips one last time and walked away from his house, not sure why she came here anyways. She wanted to be with her friends, maybe it was dumb but she wanted to be sure Barry wouldn't find her.

Because she knew Rafe wouldn't let Barry hurt her again, but it wasn't safe at the Cameron's, or at least today she didn't feel like it.

ꕥ ꕥ

"No effing way!" Kiara shouted as Callie was sitting on Pope's lap, smoking a blunt.

"You brought her here so what? she's in on this now?" Kiara kept arguing about Sarah's presence at the chateau, searching for her friends support.

"Look all I care about is her cut, comes out of your share," JJ spoke.

"You know I don't remember taking a vote?! it's our thing! a Pogue thing!"

"Oh okay here we go again"