C H A P T E R 12

WAVES

"I'm so glad they are still doing this," Kiara talked, walking with JJ, Pope and Callie to get closer from the screen.

Kiara had insisted to take them to an outdoor cinema and Callie hadn't been so hard to convince. Some good time with her friends was always enjoyable.

"Yeah just keep calm, carry on, back to the obx life," Callie spoke and the two boys stayed silent.

"What?"

"Aren't you guys glad that I made you come?" Kie asked.

"Ecstatic"

"My couch was pretty comfy, to be honest," JJ complained and Cal just wrapped an arm around his shoulder.

"Better here than at home, isn't it your favorite sentence?"

JJ just left out a sigh and Callie giggled before the four of them took place, Pope next to JJ, Kie and Callie next to each other.

"We're in the green zone man," Pope whispered, sitting.

"Dude, tranquilo okay?" JJ asked him.

Honestly Callie didn't really understand what were the boys talking about, but after what had happened to Pope the other day, she understood the boy didn't want to stay on Figure-Eight no more.

"Hum.. Kie would you come with me getting us soda? before the movie starts," Callie asked and both of the girls got up.

They walked towards the stand and Callie took some money from inside of her pockets. "I'll have three pepsi please"

The man gave them their drinks and as they were about to leave, they heard a voice they knew very well coming from behind them.

"Hey," Rafe spoke and looked down at his girlfriend smiling. She smiled back, confused.

He didn't usually show up when she was with her friends, plus she didn't even know he planned on going.

"How are you princess?" he asked to Callie.

"Good, you?" he just nodded and focused on Kiara.

"Hum.. tell your boy, that we know what he did" he spoke rudely, looking down at Kiara and only at Kiara.

"I'm sorry?" Callie asked.

"Huh.. what boy are you talking about?" Kiara completed.

"He'll know, he'll know," Rafe spoke as Kiara took the soda cans in her hand and walked away.

"What was that all about?" Callie asked as Rafe stopped gazing at Kiara and focused back on her.

"We need to talk" he spoke softly and she nodded.

"We sure do, but not here," she took her hand into hers and walked away from there. No movie for tonight, apparently.

She texted her friends she had to leave, apologised, and she was sure they would understand.

They walked a few minutes until they head over an empty beach and walked on the wet sand. "What's happening?" she asked him and he stopped his steps, placing himself in front of her.

"Your friend, he sunk Topper's boat for revenge" he said very slowly.

"Who? Pope?" she laughed. "He wouldn't hurt a fly"

"Well maybe, but that blonde friend of yours for sure would," he looked down as if he was embarrassed. She left out a sigh and took her face in her hands.

How could they be so dumb thinking they could sink a Kook's boat without consequences?

JJ would for sure get beat up by Luke because of that, and Pope, they all knew being on charge of sinking a boat wouldn't be very good written on his scholarship file.