C H A P T E R 5

REDFIELD

Callie got up, greeted Cooper quickly and immediately left the house. She walked towards the huge Cameron's mansion, which wasn't so far away.

She got in without knocking as the door was open, took off her shoes and went upstairs.

"Rafe?"

"Callie? hey," Wheezie's voice replied instead and Callie smiled, pulling Wheezie in for a warm hug. Wheezie was her favorite. She was cute, caring and always knew how to deal with her brother when he was being annoying.

That's the attitude Callie wanted her to have. Not let anyone ruin your life.

Cal had learnt to like Sarah more for the past year, it was true, but she didn't like her as much as she loved Wheezie. Sarah was acting nice but she was still Sarah Cameron, honestly.

"How are you sweetie?" she asked.

"I'm good, I've-"

"Who do we have here," Rafe's voice cut off Wheezie, before he walked towards them, grabbed Cal's arm and pulled her closer. He kissed her and Wheezie faked throwing up.

"Rafe you're disgusting" Wheezie said.

He pulled away from Callie and looked at his little sister. "Oh yeah? so then just go, my private life with my girlfriend is no one of your business"

Callie looked at him and winked at Wheezie. "Don't worry girl I'll tell you everything when we're alone"

Wheezie's cheeks redden and she got away from them, walking along the corridor. "I don't wanna know"

The pair laughed at the kid's comment and got in his room. He sat on the bed and placed her on his lap. "I didn't know you'd come," he said as he kissed her.

"I just figured I needed to see you when I woke up," she moved and laid flat on the bed, looking at the ceiling.

"Why didn't you come back to me yesterday? I waited for you babe," Rafe spoke.

"I wish but yesterday was crazy. I almost died like two times," she said as he frowned eyebrows and looked at her.

"What?"

She completely trusted Rafe so she told him the whole diving story, followed by the one where they almost got shot at.

"They were scary as hell, I'm pretty sure they wanted the compass we found but that has like no value so, I don't get it"

Rafe got closer and laid next to her. "Cal, look, you should be careful. These pogues, I don't want them to get you in trouble"

"These pogues as you call them are my friends Rafe," she broke the eye contact and looked away. "I just think John B deserves to know. If it has a link with his dad then we must find out"

"Alright. Just stay safe baby," he kissed her forehead and got up as he heard noises coming from outside. He looked through the window.

"Hum Cal, Kelce and Topper are coming over so if you want you can-"

"leave, I'll leave," she spoke as she got up and rushed downstairs. How could he still hang out with Topper?

"Babe wait"

"I'll see you around" she left quickly, not looking back at Rafe almost running after her.

"Callie please" he tried to say louder but she didn't turn around. It was better that way. Showing him she wasn't okay with it.

Except, even if she didn't realise it, her way to act was pretty confusing. For everyone. He really didn't understand how one day she was pretending she didn't want to control his life, and the next day she was mad at him for it.