C H A P T E R 21

THE GOLD

"Hey hey hey," Callie yelled at the two girls on the boat, just so that she could check if they were both alive still.

The hms pogue arrived near their boat and they both showed up. "Forgot your keys or something?"

"Need a tow?"

They joked as the girls weren't smiling at all. "Girls come on, how did it go?"

"Did you.. you know" Pope intertwined his fingers to portray what he was referring to.

"Reconcile our differences?" Kie asked grabbing the rope. "Mm mm," she shook her head. "Not even close"

"But we're willing to work together," Sarah added and everyone celebrated it cause it was at least a good start.

ꕥ ꕥ

"Wait wait wait," John B stopped them on their go as they were about to leave to Crain's house.

It was dark outside, and the five of them were dressed up with black clothes, ready to go back there and go get what belonged to them.

"Thank you guys for being here, like seriously it means a lot that you're here tonight," he kept going.

"Always," Kie replied.

"It's the least we could do," Callie kissed John B's cheek quickly got out of the van, waiting for them.

Pope and John B shared a handshake before he got a really long eye contact with his girlfriend.

They all smiled and followed Callie as they walked towards the huge Crain's mansion. She wouldn't admit it but it was scary as hell.

"Let's go get the wheat in the water," Pope said.

"Weed, I'm up for weed," JJ spoke, laughing a little.

"Always here for weed," Callie added.

"Wheat, I said wheat"

They all got in the property and started to walk quietly until they stopped because lights were turned on. They hid behind bushes not to get caught and looked all around them. "So she had motion sensor lights"

"We could hum.. walk really slow maybe?" JJ said and Callie threw him a dark gaze. As if it could work.

"What?"

"Or we can throw a rock at it" John B stated.

"Yeah that's a really good idea let the axe murder know that we're here," Kiara replied.

"John B, that was constructive, congrats," Callie sarcastically clapped in her hands as she said it but Pope slapped her hands because she was making too much noise.

"Well Cal do you have a better plan?"

"Yeah, we can hum.. you can give me a leg up and I break the light bulb with.."

"Yeah no, you've got no plan either Sanders," JJ cut her off before Sarah went ahead.

"What about the breaker, in the circuit box on the porch? We used to play hide and seek here when we were kids, if we were brave enough we would go all the way up the porch," she said.

"Yeah I was part of the brave ones," Callie proudly said, looking at them. "I can go there"

"No you're not going alone, you're staying here," JJ spoke.

Callie rolled eyes and got up, smiling, because she knew he would be to scared to come with her. "Make me"

"Kie and I can go with you," Sarah spoke as the two others girls got up and approached Callie.