C H A P T E R 20

LIKE OLD TIMES

Callie heard her phone ringing next to her, so she got out of Rafe's arms and grabbed it.

"Come back," Rafe's sleepy voice spoke reaching out for her.

She saw JJ's name on her phone and noticed it was 9 am so she sighed. What the hell was he doing awake at 9 am?

"I gotta pick it up baby," she spoke and laid on the bed with her phone. Rafe wrapped his arms around her waist again as she took the phone call. "Hey JJ?"

"Wow did I wake you up?" he spoke on the other side of the phone.

"Yeah, but what's wrong?"

"So John B had an idea to reconcile the girls, but we need your help on that one"

"What?" she sighed. "can't you guys do anything without me? I'm with Rafe right now can't it wait?" Rafe tightened his grip around her as she said it and kissed her head.

"Please Cal, I'll explain it all to you on the way there, but I need you" JJ argued.

"What time?" her sleepy voice asked.

"I'll be at your house in a few, the whole thing should only take like, half an hour" JJ told her.

Callie shared and eye contact with Rafe and he grabbed her phone. "Now you're gonna let her sleep man, thanks," he rudely spoke before hanging up the phone and throwing it away on the ground.

"Why would you do that?"

"Come here," he opened his arms and she rested her head on his chest again. "What did he want you?"

"They need me today"

He groaned and kissed her head. "Is there any way I get to keep you with me?"

"I'm sorry Rafe, apparently they need me"

ꕥ ꕥ

"You're gonna do everything you can to ruin my relationship aren't you?" Callie joked getting in JJ's car and sitting on the passenger sit.

"Ehh I know I interrupted something sorry princess but we need you to help us reconcile their friendship"

"Hey Jay I don't give a fuck about their friendship alright? they're grown girls they shouldn't create tensions into our group like that"

"If you don't do it for them do it for John B, then," he explained and she nodded.

"I guess you're right. What's the genius plan?"

"So we're gonna lock Kie and Sarah together on the boat and they'll have to talk cause they'll be alone for a whole night," JJ explained.

"Are you crazy? they're gonna kill each other!"

JJ cut her off by laughing and looked at her. "Wanna join them to mediate the situation?"

"No! I already feel bad for leaving Rafe alone an hour so how about a whole day and night"

"Oh poor baby, I bet he's gonna enjoy apologises," JJ teased and she softly slapped his arm, laughing and rolling eyes.

ꕥ ꕥ

"What happened?" Kiara asked getting in the boat's cabin.

"Hum.. the alternator's not alternating anymore," Callie lied, touching things Pope would kill her if he learnt she did.