C H A P T E R 22

ROBBED

Callie had melted the gold a little bit earlier in the morning after they had decided to sell it and get cash out of it. and they were now parking near the pawn shop where JJ'd have to use his best liar skills.

"Hell of a job melting it down Dr Frankenstein," JJ argued looking at the gold, truly melted horribly, in his hand.

"Like you could've done any better," Callie argued.

"I could've done much better I took a welding class!"

"When?"

"Hey calm down okay," John B tried to cool both of them down.

"But he's constantly criticising me!"

"He's constantly criticising me bla bla bla how did I get the job anyways?" JJ argued again.

"Cause you're the best liar," Pope spoke before they all walked towards the shop.

They all got in and listened to JJ telling the lady about why she should buy the gold. Callie faked looking at the objects in the shop, sharing eye contacts with her friends.

"Well I talked to my boss and this is what I can do," the woman placed cash on the counter and JJ counted it.

"50 000? you think I walked in here not knowing the spot price? I know for fact this is 140"

The lady sighed and looked at the blonde boy, desperate. "Well sweetie you're in a pawnshop. Not Zurich; do I look Swiss to you?"

JJ seemed a bit confused so Callie walked next to him and put her elbows on the counter. "It's either 90 or we quit"

"70 half price princess and I won't question where you got this from"

"Well we wouldn't tell you so you can as-"

"Alright, I'm gonna need that in large denominations please," JJ cut Callie off before she was gonna say something dumb.

"Well here's a snag, I don't have that much denomination, at least not around here. I can write you a cashiers check."

"No ma'am we want it cold hard that's what the sign says," Callie replied.

"Cash for gold. And that's what I expect, i'm going to get in cold hard," JJ added.

"Well I have to send you to the warehouse, that's where it is, is that alright?"

"I guess so, let's go Jay"

They walked out and JJ looked at Callie with so much anger she almost got scared. Almost.

"Why the hell did you feel the need to interfere in MY plan?"

"Because you weren't doing it right. What was that Alzheimer's mother thing?!" She argued.

"Well it was believable! I mean, why couldn't my mom be Alzheimer's?"

"Because I don't know.. it's really rare and not even a reason for selling the gold," she replied.

"Oh really? how would you know when you don't even have a mother!" JJ talked back.

"Well JJ Maybank, I'm curious, where is your mother?"

ꕥ ꕥ

"So they keep money out here," Kiara wondered out loud, breaking the heavy silence that followed Callie and JJ's argument.

"That's what she said," JJ replied. "That's what she-"