04: Getting Close

"Wakey wakey~" you opened your eyes to see Shinichiro taking your bags. You looked around and people are already leaving.

You gently shook Izana to wake him up as he yawn and looks around innocently.

You've arrived at the airport of Japan.

"Where's dad?" You asked when you didn't see him anywhere.

"He didn't board the plane last minute.. he had something to do back home"

"Huh? We don't know anyone here.. who will take care of us?"

"You have me and you'll be staying at Karen's house...I'll visit you from time to time." Shinichiro answered while calling a taxi.

"Is she really our mom?" Izana asked

Shinichiro just hummed and got in the taxi. You both followed and sat on the backseat.

As usual, Izana's holding your hand during the whole the ride. It's like one is never okay without the other one. You've been used to this kind of life and you now don't feel right when Izana is not around you.

"You're so close to each other, I wish you'd get along well with Emma and Mikey when you meet"

---
"We're here"

Y/N looks up to the house infront of you. Shinichiro opened the door and a girl with blonde long hair and a red lipstick welcomed them.

"Oh it's just you" her eyes gazed upon Izana and Y/n.

"Who's this?" She asked pointing at the two of them.

Shinichiro pulled her away to talk to her as the two stayed at the door confused.

"Itaru told me to bring them to you, they're in danger right now and he don't want them to get dragged into his mess."

"How do you expect me to take in two of my husband's kids with another girl?!"

"Please, atleast just let them stay here for a bit while I sort things out at home. I promise I'll come visit everyday to take care of them so you don't have to...I told them you and dad were their real parents though"

"I had to let go of Emma because of my work, and here you are bringing two more kids that I don't even know."

"C'mon, when something happens to Itaru, those two would have nowhere to go"

"Whatever"

---

You saw them coming back with Shinichiro smiling but the lady is just staring at you two. She leaned down to you

"What's your name?"

"Y/n..." you mumbled shyly

"Izana"

The lady hummed and leaned back

"Stay here whenever you want but don't be a burden. Anyways, I have to go to work now" she waved walking away. You tugged on her sleeve "do we call you mom?" She looks at you a little shocked but nodded and left.

Shinichiro just smiled at the two of you before showing you Itaru's room.

"You'll be staying here for now... If anything happens, call me" he spoke giving Izana a card

"I'll be late for work.. you can handle things from here right?" Shinichiro asked as Izana nods.

"Great, I'll come by later!" he shouted while running away.

You two were left inside the house confused with what's going on.

"Do you understand what's going on?" Izana shook his head.