07: Siblings

You're in the dining area eating dinner with Karen and Izana.

"Y/n, it's your birthday tomorrow am I right?" Karen asked

You nod and smiled "yes!"

"Make sure to come back home early ok?" She spoke before standing up and walks to her room

"Why though?" You asked looking at Izana who just shrugged and cleaned the table.

---
You woke up without Izana beside you. You looked at the kitchen and bathroom if he's there but he wasn't. You shrugged thinking 'maybe he has something to do at school early'. You went to get ready and waited for Shinichiro to pick you up.

"Happy Birthdayyyy!!!" He greeted and gave you a hug. "Oh? Where's Izana?" He asked as he looks around seeing that Izana is not with you.

"He left early"

He nods and went to take you to school.

"Happy Birthday Y/n" Inui and Koko greeted when you entered the classroom. You looked at your table to see two boxes resting on top of it.

You curiously opened it and read the note 'Happy Birthday Y/n, have a great day! You opened the box and saw a cute dress. You looked at Inui and Koko who's smiling looking at you.

"Is this from you guys??" They nod and continued watching you. You opened the other box and smiled when you saw a pair of heels 'this one is from Inui for sure'.

"You like them?" He asked nervously

You looked at him and smiled. "I love them, thanks, how did you know my sizes tho-"

"Y/n~" Senju called you from the door.

She hugged you as soon as you stepped out. "Happy Birthday~"

"Thankss"

"Are you hanging at the shop later?"

"I'm not sure.. mom asked me to come home early"

She pouted "Okay, we'll celebrate next time then?"

"Deal"

---
You haven't seen Izana since this morning, it's now lunch and he usually comes to your room with a 'Y/n let's eat~' greet but it's been 30 minutes and Izana's still not there.

You decided to just buy a bread from the cafeteria and go to the rooftop to enjoy the breeze.

You we're leaning on the railings looking out the view while eating when you felt a pair of arms around your waist hugging you from behind.

"Happy Birthday Y/n... sorry I left without you" he lift his hand showing you a necklace with a small pendant that has the same design as Izana's earrings.

"I left early to come get this... I had it customized just for you"

"Thanks, it's pretty" you put your hair up while he put the necklace on you.

You smiled at him as he hug you once again. "Are you hungry? What do you wanna eat?"

"I wanna eat (favorite flavor) cake!" He chuckled before ruffling your hair. "Let's go"

---
"Welcome home!" Karen greeted as soon as you opened the door. You looked at her, she's wearing a messy apron while holding a spatula. You were shocked because it's new seeing her cheered up, she always looks annoyed and tired almost everytime you see each other but now, she's different.

"I-I'm home... what are you doing?" You curiously walks over to the kitchen counter to see different dishes layed out. Your eyes glimmered when you saw a few filipino dishes on the table.

"Is this adobo? Shanghai~ Pancit- how did you do it?" you looked at Karen who's smiling proudly.

"Try this karey-karey" she spoke handing you a spoon to try the kare-kare. You gladly took it and immediately felt nostalgic since it's been so long when you last ate kare-kare.

"You've been staying here for long and probably miss the dishes at home so I figured I'd cook some filipino dishes for your birthday"

You walks to her and hugged her. She's acting like your real mom, the one you lost forever.

'Y/n, kain na~ nagluto ako ng paborito mo' (Y/n, let's eat~ I cooked your favorite)

'Happy Birthday Y/n! Anong gusto mong handa?' (Happy Birthday Y/n! What kind of foods do you want for celebration?)

'Nak halika tikman mo to' (Daughter/child come taste this)

Memories of your mom starts flashing as your tear starts to drop. Karen noticed it and immediately hugs you back caressing your hair. "M-mom..." you mumble sobbing

"Shh it's okay" she whispered in a soft voice.

"I'm sorry, I've been rough with you all this time... from now on I'll start acting like your mom okay? I'll take care of you two no matter what."

She broke the hug and wipes your tears. "Now, let's enjoy the rest of the day. Shinichiro's coming with Mikey and Emma to celebrate with us.

You went ti took a shower and get ready. You wore the dress and heels Inui and Koko bought you with the necklace Izana gave you.

You were sitting on the couch eating some coffee jelly when you heard some motor noises outside,

'They're here' you thought

The door swung open revealing Takeomi with Sanzu and Senju entering before him. Senju ran beside you and hugged you while Sanzu went to sit beside Izana. Takeomi entered followed by Wakasa who went straight to the desserts.

You looked at the last man on the door waiting for him to come in when two blondes peeked from behind him. You smiled at them thinking 'Emma and Mikey'

"Go on, greet your elder sister" Shinichiro spoke moving to the side revealing your two siblings behind him. You're two years older than Emma and one year older than Mikey.

They walk to you and Emma hugged you "Nice to meet you sister! I'm Emma" she looks at you then smiled.

You looked at the other guy, he's looking the coffee jelly on your hand. You offered it to him and he gladly accepted it with shiny eyes. "You must be Mikey" you pat his head as he nod while eating.

"This is your brother, Izana" you pointed at Izana who's sitting on the couch nearby. Izana waved at them smiling.

You all are eating when you noticed Mikey isn't. "What is it Mikey? Do you not like it?" You asked but he shook his head.

"It's because there's no flag" Wakasa mumbled that made Shinichiro search his pockets.

"This flag?" Izana pulls out a small flag from his coat and put it on Mikey's meal

"Nice one big bro! You're the best!" Mikey exclaimed cheerfully.

"What about me?" Shinichiro asked pointing to himself making the group laugh.

You spent the day playing with your siblings and talking.

When the night falls, only Shinichiro, Mikey and Emma was left on the house because the others already went home.

You five was watching a movie with Karen when a noise was heard from outside together with a few voices of men. Karen went to the window to check it out.

"Shinichiro, take them and run. NOW!"