09: Truth

"Mom?!" You and Emma shout in unison standing up upon hearing the news.

"What is this?!" You pointed at the pictures on the tv, you froze when you saw a footage of Karen's house and the lifeless body covered in blanket inside.

You sit back down still processing what happened "She was still with us yesterday... she said she will be fine..." you mumble tears streaming your face. Your eyes gazed back into the tv when you heard Itaru and Marie's name followed with footage of your home in the Philippines that's now wrecked and messed up.

You slowly walked in front of the tv crying as you see the photos of Itaru and Marie's body on the floor of your living room. The picture was blurred but you can see that they had been brutally murdered. Your knees weakened as you fell on the ground crying after finding out you just lost three important people.

"Itaru....Marie....Karen....my parents....who would do such a thing...."

"Y/n.." you felt Izana sat behind you as he hug you comfortingly

"Why do I have to lose them, why me? I already lost my real family..why take them away too?" You cried as you look at him "Am I not destined to have someone by my side?"

"Shh, you still have me Y/n... I won't leave your side"

"Leave us alone for a sec" Shinichiro spoke to Emma and Mikey. They left before he walks to you sitting beside you

"Y/n.. what do you mean real family?" You looked at Shinichiro

"I'm not Itaru's daughter, not Marie's, not Karen's. My mom is dead and my father was abusive... Izana's parents took me from my father when I was young"

"Her dad used to work under Itaru but he went missing right after we took Y/n"

"Is he perhaps F/n L/n?" You look at him and nod

"How did you know"

"I need to tell you guys the truth now, it's all coming together." He sighed

"I took you both here under the request of Itaru. Last time he went here, we had a little talk. 'If I die, please take care of Izana and Y/n for me. I don't want them to get dragged into this' that's what he told me before leaving. That time I thought he was just kidding, a few days later I got a call. It was Itaru, he asked me to come in the Philippines to take you because he got an intel that his killers already knows where he is. Itaru and Marie are your real parents...I was lying when I told you that it's Karen"

"We know that.. but how did you know Y/n's father?" Izana asked

"He's the leader of Skullfly. It's now known for being a violent gang in the Philippines, I tried so hard to not let you know about them while you're here but seems like they went all the way just to introduce themselves."

"Wait, are you saying that my father built his own gang and he was the one responsible for killing our parents?" He nods

"His target is you, Y/n."
---

"Mikey!" Draken shouted from outside the house. Mikey quickly ran to the living room "come in Ken-chin!"

"The gang we fought last night is no ordinary gang." Draken spoke seriously

"Skullfly, it's a well known murderous gang in the Philippines. But why are they here?"

"What are they up to..."

"Uhm, Mikey?" You peeked at the door from your room as they look at you in unison.

"Yeah?" He stood up and walks to you

"Can you take me to the store? Emma needs something..."

"What is it? I'll go get it" Draken spoke

"N-no! It's a girl thing..." you mumble

"We're coming then" Shinichiro and Izana suddenly appeared

"It's fine though.. I just need someone to ride with to the store-"

"Yeah, we're coming... I need something from the store too, do you?" Shinichiro turned to Izana

"Yeah, I need something too" Izana nods while putting on his coat.

"I'll go buy it, what do you need?"

"It's a guy thing..."

You had no choice but let them come since they 'need' something as well. You, Mikey, Shinichiro and Izana went to the store.

You walked around the store with eyes staring at you because your brothers won't leave your side. They're lined up behind you like bodyguards and it's getting people's attention. You turned around to face them

"Don't you need something to buy?"

"Yes"

"Then go get it, I'll be right here" you spoke shooing them away. They were a bit hesitant at first but decided to leave you alone upon finding out that you needed to buy some sanitary pads.

Your brothers are not back yet so you're taking your time chatting with Emma with what pad she prefers and also taking time to find a good one for yourself.

You noticed some guys walking behind you then coming back again and again in that aisle, you thought maybe their girlfriends needed some pads so you ignored it.

They were staring at you checking you out while pretending to buy some things

"Cute~"

"Should I ask for her name?"

"Yes, her sign and number too"

The guy was about to talk to you when your brothers appeared out of nowhere.

"Her name is NO"

"Her sign is NO"

"Her number is NO"

They spoke one by one glaring at the guys. You were busy reading the labels that you didn't notice your brothers behind you.

"Big sis, are you done?" Mikey turns to you smiling while holding a bunch of snacks on his hands.

You looked at them "what did you get?"

"Cigarettes"

"Tissues"

"Snacks"

You laughed at Mikey when he still has crumbs on his cheeks.

"Looks like you stumbled upon a free taste cart" you wipe his cheeks

"They wouldn't let me have my fifth one" he whined

You laughed as you notice two guys behind them looking at you.

"Do you need help with anything?" You asked thinking if they need help for choosing their girlfriend's pads.

"NO" your brothers said in unison pulling you away from the aisle to the cashier.