Finally Back Together

"Didn't expect to see you here, Maskface"

He was sitting on a log not too far from the gate. Wonder what brought him here. He snapped his head towards me and he wasn't wearing his mask. The lime green eyes were quite illuminating, freckles were sprinkled on his face and he had a few scars I never saw, must've got them after he left Danafor. He quickly realized and panicked putting his mask on and gripped his axe. Jesus Christ, this dude.

"I don't just go kill whoever I want you know? If I wanted to kill you I would've done it when I first saw you" I put my hands up again. He just huffed and stood up facing me. He looked reluctant. Like he was contemplating. Then he finally spoke, the question catching me completely off guard.

"Have we met before?" he asked hesitantly and cursing under his breath afterwards.

"What do you mean?" I asked back, not knowing whether to confirm or deny his speculations.

"Have you and I met before this whole war and stuff? Maybe a few years ago?" he specified. I didn't really know how to answer. We could be happy again if I said yes, but after he left me like that I can't really sugarcoat my anger. I loved him and he got me through so much of that torture, only to leave me when I needed him the most. You know what, I'll give him one chance to explain.

"If you're talking about Danafor, without a doubt." I answered simply. He stopped dead in his tracks processing what he just heard. I could hear him gulp. I want to tell him everything. About my escape, about my life of crime and... about all the times I missed him. I felt a tear prick my eye, but I blinked it away. I won't cry not now. Him however was almost sobbing.

"E-Elaine?" he choked out, voice shaky and scratched. I wanted to go and hug him forever. But I couldn't. I didn't know if we were enemies or not.

"Clay, it's-it's me" I stuttered, lowering my hood. He slowly took off his mask revealing his face again. He was full on crying. And I started to let out a few tears too, as all the memories of him flooded back to me all at once. From the day he found me crying, to the day i waved at him one last time. I slowly walked over to him and he tackled me in a hug, dropping his axe. He cried into my hair as I cried on his shoulder. I missed this. His warm embrace and dandelion scent. He's right here with me after years of seperation.

Dream POV

It's Elaine. My Elaine. The girl who would beg to go to the flower field. The rebel who would sneak out at night to see the stars with me. She's right here in my arms. I knew we were basically war enemies, but I didn't care one bit. The girl I cried over for weeks is back, and I will never let her go again. We stayed like that for 5 minutes until she pulled away. I wanted to stay like that longer, but I should really tell her about the things that happened. I wiped my tears away and smiled. She smiled back but, frowned sadly. She was the first to break the silence.

"Do you wanna talk? Y'know to catch up and explain things?" she softly asked sitting on the log and gestured me to sit with her.
I sat down and started to explain why I left, she listened to everything. Once I finished, she looked up at me.

"So that's why. That's why you left." she responded calmly. Others see me talking to a psychopath. I see it as talking to my one and only.

"By the way, were you the one who killed that family a few weeks later?" I deadpanned. She brushed it off.

"Yeah, they were dead to me anyway" she answered not really knowing what else to say.

"Well, you know how the story goes really, I don't kill innocent people. I only kill the corrupted, greedy or power hungry people, who don't care about their citizens. Like who does that?" she laughed a bit at the end, making hand gestures to put emphasis in her words. She would do that everytime she was passionate about the things she rambled on about. I found it cute.

"I understand, why would you be chosen as the leader when you don't even care about your own people?"I agreed with her. We laughed and caught up on all the things we missed from each other. She told me about all her adventures to find Tubbo and the others and I would tell her about George and Sapnap.

"So, goggles is George and bandana boy is Sapnap?" She clarified. I wheezed and she laughed along with me. A few hours have passed and we didn't even notice our communicators buzzing. She pulled out hers and realized Wilbur was spamming her. I pulled out mine and Sapnap had absolutely destroyed the chat. We laughed at the overprotective people we had on our sides. When the laughter faded, she laid her head on my shoulder.

"Do we tell them about us?" she asked, worry plastered on her face. I rubbed circles on her cheek.

"I don't know. We can tell them now if you want" I replied playing with her hair.

"Don't get me wrong this is great and all but I feel like it's a bit too fast y'know?" she calmly said. I understand why she feels like that.

"I completely understand. We could take it slow and get to know each other again?" I suggested. She smiled.

"I'd love that." she responded. We sat in a comfortable silence for a bit.

"What are you gonna do about the whole L'manberg situation? Are we concidered enemies?" she asked again. I thought about it for a moment. That's a good point. But for some reason I don't care about it anymore. All I ever wanted is sitting right beside me.

"I don't care about that anymore, the only person I ever need in my life is right next to me." I heard her laugh. Still the Ellie I know and love.

"You always had a way with words" she smiled softly. It was very comforting.

"As much as I want to stay here forever, we have to go back to our bases." she sadly stated and I frowned. I looked at my communicator and saw it was 12 am. Oh.

"Alright then. I GUESS we have to go" I whined and pouted.

"Don't be a baby, this time, I'm not going anywhere" she smiled. I'm not ever EVER losing you again.

"I was hoping to get a kiss" I muttered knowing she would definitely hear it. She ignored it and went away. I started to slowly walk away, mostly in defeat.

"Wait!" she yelled. There it is. I turned around, hopeful.

"You forgot this" she said and handed me my mask. Oh. Goddammit. I took it from her hand and reached to put it on but she stopped me. She leaned in and kissed my cheek. I smiled and put it on afterwards.

"That's the best your getting" she said, her voice muffled by her hand she was covering her face with. I fake pouted.

"I was hoping it to be longer" I whined again. She glared at me.

"Well, too bad" she walked away. I turned around and walked too.

'It's not too late'

A/N

I completely forgot abot the authors note last chapter, but here you go! Sorry for not publishing yesterday, was visiting someone.