That doesn't sound like my dad

"...it won't work though"

Everything feel to darkness. It feels like floating through the void. Eventually I concentrated and tried to open my eyes.

Dream POV

I've been sitting here for most likely a few hours. Elaine's breathing is steady and her pulse is normal. I just don't know when she'll wake up.

As I was thinking, I felt her hand twitch. I snapped my head to her and hopefully watched her. She slowly opened her eyes, revealing the red irises I would stare at till the end of the world.

"Ellie! Are you okay?" I spoke as calm as I could, hovering over her. She blinked a bit and squeezed my hand back.

"I'm fine. I wasn't attacked or anything after all" she answered, smiling. I hugged her lightly as to not unintentionally harm her.

"You scared me. I thought I had to hunt someone down" I joked. She chuckled and slowly got up the bed. I helped her up.

"Any difficulty moving?" I asked her. She laughed a little under her breath.

"Seriously I'm okay. I'm not hurt. It's gonna take a lot to put me down"she confidentally stated.

"Do you... wanna talk about it?" I quietly asked her. She seemed confused at first, but her expression darkened upon realization.

"Yeah.. let's get out of here first. Get some fresh air" she answered, slowly walking towards the door and ushering me to join her. I did so. We wentt outside and strided towards the prime path.

"So, what happened?" I asked, worriedly. She glanced up at me and opened her mouth to speak but, rethought her words.

"It was about da-Schlatt" she corrected herself. I wasn't surprised but, when she hesitated she visibly saddened.

"Did you cross paths with him? Did he hurt you?! I swear to god I will kill him if he-" I started but she put a hand on my shoulder.

"I didn't, you don't need to worry about that. It was just bad memories, rrsulting in a panic attack" she explained. I took her hand off my shoulder and held it, earning a smile from her.

"Did you carry me there?" she asked, curiously. I debated whether or not I should say. Why am I even debating? It's not like I don't want her to know.

"No, Wilbur actually found you and brought you to the community house" I answered. She nodded in understanding.

"Where's he gone?" she asked again. I suddenly remembered the election.

"He went to help Tommy with something, probably about the election" I responded.

"Actually, may I ask why was Schlatt at L'manburg yesterday? And Wilbur seemed to have been friends with him at that" she questioned me again. I bit my bottom lip. I didn't know if I should tell her or not. Well, she's better off with finding out from me rather than at the election.

"Schlatt is a candidate. He's running for president" I didn't try to sugarcoat it. She snapped her head at me and her eyes widened.

"Are you joking? Please say it's a joke" she practically begged. I sighed and shook me head 'no'.

"Who allowed this?" she asked. I was so glad to not be involved.

"It was Wilbur. He wanted Schlatt to represent Pog2020 but, he surprised everyone by running his own party, Schlatt2020" I explained. Her face displayed pure shock and disbelief.

"I can't really blame him for something like that, but- wait how does he know Schlatt?" she cut herself off. I thought back to what Wilbur told me when I first concidered adding him.

Flashback

"Are you sure he won't do anything bad?" I asked for assurance. He nodded.

"Schlatt may seem destructive and overall rude, but he is a good person at heart. He would never fuck his friends over, even though he looks like that from the outside" Wilbur answered wholeheartedly. I sighed and held out my hand. He toook the memo and shook it.

"Alright, you convinced me. But he better not do anything stupid" I agreed.

"Well, he wouldn't do it on purpose..." he trailed off. That made me rethink this whole thing, but not like I can take it back anyway.

End of flashback

"I don't know what kind of relationship he has or had with him, he never said anything remotely bad about him. Now that I think of it, I only heard good things about him" I rambled on. She kept quiet and hung her head low. We were walking past Tommy's dirt mound.

"In fact, Wilbur reassured me saying that Schlatt was a good man at heart and wouldn't screw people ove-" I continued shortly after but was cut off be the sound of chopping wood. I turned to see Elaine had struck her axe onto a nearby tree, almost completely going through it. The red glow from her eyes were visible.

"Bullshit" she grumbled, sending shiwers down my spine. She ripped her axe out with heavy force and took deep breaths, calming herself down.

"That bastard excuse of a dad screwed over his own daughter" she lowly growled. I squeezed her hand, causing her to look at me.

"Deep breaths, my love. Simmer down" I spoke softly. She let out a sigh and put her axe back in the holster.(basically its like the pocket on batmans utility belt. Sorry if that was a poor explanation you can google it if you want)

"Sorry" she quietly apologized. I interwhined fingers with her and smiled. It seemed to lighten her mood a bit.

"No need to be sorry. It's normal to react like that. Espescially to a douche like that" I assured her. She laughed at my statement.

"What would I do without you, love?"

A/N

Hello dsmp fans such as I, I present to you the next chapter. I have a lot of ideas for how things may play out. So expect the unexpected. ;)