It starts

'I love her'

Tommy POV

Today's the day. Today's the election. I'll be honest, I am quite scared. But the Big Man Tommyinnit never gets scared. Even in these sort of situations.

I took a deep breath and straightened my suit. This is it. Wil and I deserve this. We created this country. We fought wars for it. We gave up so much just to free.

I was standing near the podium waiting for Wilbur. Hopefully he will come soon. I am so fucking nervous right now.

"Hello there Tommy" a hoarse voice entered the room. I turned to see Schlatt with that shit eating grin on his face.

"Hey Schlatt" I weakly replied. Can't get friendly with the enemies. It was silence for a bit after that. We just stood beside each other.

"By the way" he broke the awkward silence. I faced him.

"No hard feelings if you lose, right?" he smugly stated, raising his hand to shake mine. I could tell it was mockery.

"More like if you'll lose" I shot back. He put his hand down.

"We'll see about that british boy" he kept that grin on his face.

"I'm gonna fucking ban you American wrongun" I muttered.

"Watch your language" he taunted. This bitch.

"Oh, don't you go fucking Badboyhalo on me Schlatt" I argued. He lowly chuckled.

"You have to be somewhat respectful. I know that's hard for you to do though" Okay that's it.

"Respectful my arse you're the one who's disrespecting L'manburg you American fucking-"

"What's going on here?" Wilbur asked, cutting me off. I sent Schlatt a glare.

"Oh nothing, just a friendly talk between candidates y'know?" Schlatt answered. I mumbled swears under my breath.

"Tommy did you curse out the competition again" Willbur turned to me. I bit my lip.

"Well he deserved-" I started but was cut off.

"Tommy" Wilbur warned in a lowly tone. It went quiet after that. But before long, Quackity went through the door.

"Hello there" he was wearing a suit. As we all were. He just went over and talked to Schlatt. People were still gathering in the audience. But after awhile, all the parties were on the stage. Now is the time to be anxious.

Elaine POV

Today's the day. The fate of L'manburg is being settled once and for all. I can't let someone like Schlatt to run the country. He couldn't take care of two of the most important people in his life, so I'm highly doubtful he'll manage to not ruin L'manburg.

I looked myself in the mirror. This brings back some memories. For once I actually thought of letting my hood down in public. But, it is risky. I don't want to have to hide in a place where I know I could be safe in. I have people, friends who would be by my side.

As I failed to make a move, thoughts piled up in my head. What if an assassin is hunting me down? What if Dream or anyone not be able to save me? I don't need saving. I can save myself. But, I let myself be so vulnerable in the open field the other day.

Someone could've killed you

Someone could've taken you away..

Again

Just then I heard a knock.

"Love are you there?" Dream's voice call out to me. I went ahead to open the door. He greeted me with a smile, even though I couldn't fully see his face and pulled me in for a hug. I gave in and sank into his arms.

"How did you know I was here?" I asked him. I was currently residing in a room of the L'manburg White House because Tubbo wanted advice on speaking in front of large crowds.

"I chatted Tubbo of course" he answered not being bothered at all. I let go and let him into the room.

"What did.. What did you and Wilbur talk about last night" he hesitantly questioned. I sat down on the bed.

"I told him about the Schlatt situation" I blatantly replied. He seemed surprised.

"Did he take it well?" he followed up.

"He didn't believe it at first but realization settled in slowly" I recalled. We remained in silence for a bit, until Dream's communicator buzzed. He checked it.

"The election is starting in an hour" he stated, putting the device back into his pocket. I got up the bed and walked towards him. I held his hand, catching his attention.

"You seemed distressed" I explained. He softly smiled and intertwined fingers. We made our way out of the building and onto the area beneath the podium.(I have zero clue what it's called)A few people were already there, including Bad, Antfrost and Ponk who I had met before. They were lovely people.

But before we went any further, Dream pulled us aside.

"Is something wrong?" I glanced at him.

"I don't really be seen without armour or defence" he awkwardly said scratching the back of his neck.

"Love, these people won't hurt you. And who cares what they would see you as? It's unlike you to be unconfident, knowing you are someone with the biggest ego I've ever seen" I joked, earning a laugh.

"It's different though. I don't really have good relations with L'manburg and I was the cause of a lot of pain" he doubted. I smiled.

"Don't worry. I will murder anyone who tries to hurt my love" I reassured him.

"And I would do the same for you" he held my hand with both of his. I chuckled.

"It's gonna start soon" I reminded him. He held my hand and took a deep breath.

"It's gonna be alright. I'm right by your side, every step of the way" we walked out of the shadows. Everyone turned to look at us. Many seemingly shocked. In the corner of my eye, I could see Wil on the podium, staring at me. I kept my head high, as to not contradict myself. Then, Bad came towards us.

"Dream? You don't have armour... for once and... Mistress?!" his empty white eyes widened at the sight.

"Yeah, she convinced me to do it" he gestured to me.

"You can survive perfectly fine without it, love" I told him. Bad gasped at that.

"Are you two together?" Antfrost asked from beside Bad.

"Well, I would say so" Dream answered for both of us. Bad congratulated us. But in the midst of out conversation a voice boomed from the speakers.

"May I have everyone's attention please?"

A/N

Umm. I can explain? Actually no I cant. My teachers recently gave a lot of friggin book reports to keep us busy during winter break. Like what the hell right? How does that make sense?

Anyways, the chapter is here. The Techno book is in the making right now and I will definitely make it shorter and update it more frequently.

Cheers, Bon