Childhood Bestfriends

"I promise you. I will always keep her safe and happy"

Flashback

"Oh please, you having a girlfriend? Impossible" Elaine told him. He gasped dramatically and clutched his chest.

"I assure I am perfectly capable of finding a mate" he defended himself. She chuckled, as she held her knees to her chest.

"What kind of sane woman would want to date you?" She said in a joking manner. Wilbur looked away and muttered something.

"...you.." he blushed. Elaine seemed to have not heard it.

"What did you say?" she asked, confused. Wilbur turned back sharply.

"Nothing!" he quickly covered up. She just hummed and looked back into the sunset.

"Alright then" she replied. He kept staring at her, thinking whether or not he said the right thing. Part of Wilbur wanted to spill all of his feelings, te tell her all the ways she would make him smile.

But he couldn't... for years he kept it hidden from her, fearing that she would reject him the moment he confesses. But he didn't know he would run out of time.

The day he found out, happened to be the day they were moving away.

"Hey techno?" Wilbur asked, looking around the living room. Techno hummed in response.

"Have you seen Elaine lately? She hasn't been meeting up with us" he asked again, worry lacing his voice. Techno thought about it for a moment.

"Come to think of it, I haven't seen her in a few days" he answered. Wilbur sighed in frustration.

"Why don't you ask Tubbo, he's talking to Tommy right now" he added. Wilbur glanced at his brother.

"Really? I need to go quickly then. Thanks Techno!" he quikly thanked him and ran to the door. Techno went back to his room. Wilbur walked out of the house and spotted Tommy and Tubbo in the field. He ran up to them and called their names. They looked at him but, both of the boys' eyes were swollen and puffy.

"Woah, what hapened?" Wilbur asked nonchalantly. Tubbo fell to his knees and started to cry. Tommy got on his knees to comfort him. Wilbur was confused at this point but, comforted Tubbo.

"Tubbo.. what's wrong mate?" he softly questioned. Tubbo kept sobbing and choking on his words. Tommy was crying too at this point, but was able to speak.

"What do you mean, 'what's wrong'?! Didn't you hear?!" Tommy yelled, bawling his eyes out. Wilbur was surprised by his sudden outburst, but kept his calm.

"No, what happened? And where's Elaine? She should be with you" he said, not knowing the news that would soon shatter his heart.

Tubbo cried harder while Tommy squeezed his eyes and gritted his teeth. He stood up and clenched his fists.

"ELAINE IS GONE" Tommy screamed, his voice echoing throughout the soft wind. At that moment, Wilbur's whole world broke into thousands of pieces. But he was holding onto the little bit of hope there was, that this was just a joke.

"..What do you mean..?" he asked softly. Tommy broke down. By his reaction Wilbur knew this wasn't some sick joke. This was real.

"E-Elaine *hiccup* wa-as t-tak-en awa-y" Tubbo shakily answered. Wilbur was devastated. His eyes widened.

"What do you mean she was taken away?!" Wilbur loudly exclaimed. He was infuriated. Not a moment later he started to tear up.

"Th-The gu-ards *hiccup* t-t-took her by fo-rce" Tubbo choked out. Tommy was muttering something while punching the ground. They were on the ground for about a few minutes, until Techno came up to them.

"Uhhhhh... What's going on here?" he asked the three. They eventually muttered and stuttered out the explanation. Techno just looked down and silently walked away. The trio knew what he was going to do, so they ran after him. They all entered the house and Techno went into his room swiftly. He came back with his sword and headed straight to the outside. The three of them held him down and tried to reason with him, eventually turning into a yelling match attracting Phil's attention.

"Hey! Break it up! C'mon!" he told them off. They got off of eachnother and Techno started to walk towards the door. Phil noticed the sword immediately.

"Techno, why do you have your sword out? And why do you all look like you were crying for hours?" Techno grit his teeth in anger.

"Those guards took Elaine. And now I take their lives" Techno threatened. Phil's eyes widened and his wings dropped.

"What?" he simply replied. Tommy and Wilbur were silently sobbing while Tubbo was sitting on the couch knees tucked to his chest.

"What happened to Elaine" Phil said in a low voice.

"She was taken away! Infront of our eyes! The guards were holding Tubbo down and I was wanted to help her but a fucking guard was holding me back. She was so sad! I could've helped! I could've saved her!" Tommy cried out and clutched his head. Phil went over and hugged Tommy and Wilbur saying that it was okay and they couldn't do anything about it. The older broke away from the hug.

Wilbur went to his room silently and went to his nightsand, kneeling infront of it. He then opened the drawer, reavealing a sapphire blue necklace with thin gold chains. He turned it around and stared at the back. There was a tag in the back containing two words.

'For Elaine'

A/N

Sorry I was gone for awhile. But I get back and I see the reads freaking tripled?! Thank you all so much for the reads. I honestly didn't expect to be famous. xD