~Chapter Six~

To the five people that read my chapters as soon as they're published, you guys are the best 🥺💕❤

not edited

I forced my eyes away from Dorian's burning gaze. I looked at Zion who was caressing Cecelia's fur, checking for any injuries, muttering occasionally to Zane. 

I looked at him and Octavian apologetically, " I'm really sorry for that. I told Sky to stay in the room and she mostly always listens to me. I don't know how she got here but I promise it won't happen again. I'll make sure of that." I muttered, looking at Octavian.

"And Zion, I'm sorry again. She's a very well-mannered pet, I don't know how that happened. But I'm really really sorry. I'll take more care from now onwards," I said to Zion but Octavian cut me off in the middle.

"You don't have to apologize for what happened, Astria. We did expect a few conflicts in the first week or two so you don't have to worry about that. And Zion if you want to keep Cecelia you have to get her trained or it's just going to get worse," Octavian's voice was filled with authority as he spoke to his younger brother. Zion nodded in agreemnet as he passed a me a small grin.

"Why are you blaming Zion for all this?" Dorian cut through, his was voice was hard and filled with venom.

"I'm not blaming anyone, I'm just stating facts. A pet needs to be trained after it's been adopted Dorian," Octavian explained.

"We know that but what we also know that it takes time to train a pet, so you can't threaten him. She could have have kept her dog in check when she knew that there's a kitten in the house," Dorian said, pointing his finger at Sky. Sky let out a small bark when being pointed at. I shushed her and looked down.

Suddenly, I felt an arm around my shoulders and me being pressed into someone's side. "Her dog has a name and it's is Sky. Address her as such" I heard Zane voice cut through.

I craned my neck to the side and looked up to see Zane looking at Dorian with a hard glare. I looked at him with a questioning gaze when he looked down at me but he just gave me a small smile in return.

"I will address it however I want to," Dorian gritted out, glaring at me. My hands tightened around Sky, trying to shield her from the giant in front of me.

"Stop acting like a spoilt brat Dorian," Zion said as he stood on the other side of me, careful to keep Sky and Cecelia apart. I gave him a grateful smile which he returned with his own. "Neither Cecelia nor Sky is hurt. You're just blowing this out of proportion." He said and I just nodded in agreement. 

This time his glare turned to me. His emotionless blue eyes bore right into my soul with so much venom and hate that I could not hold eye contact with him anymore. I cowered back and Zane tightened his hand around me as I pushed myself against his hard chest. His woody smell with a hint of cigarette surrounded me.

"Zion is right, you're blowing this out of proportion. Leave it here." Octavian said, even he had a glare on his face as well but his glare was on Dorian. His eyes blazed fire as he warned Dorian and even though his glare wasn't towards me I could feel my fear rising.

Without realizing I stiffened. As if sensing the height of my fear Zane started rubbing arm softly. I relaxed a little in his hold as I took deep breaths. I had to remind myself again and again that these were my brothers and they wouldn't harm me but what my mom did years back broke whatever trust I had in family. That week taught me that family means shit and if it comes down to it they could be more ruthless than the devil itself.

"Octavian," Zion spoke up, "Not here, not now," not in front of her. Those were the words he wanted to speak. I could practically read the words that he was holding back. Octavian's gaze travelled back to my trembling form and his face softened.