~Chapter Thirty-Six~

not edited

Everything was going according to plan, major thanks to my saviour, Aaron. The decoration was set up, the seating arrangement was done. I was going around tasting the food and the drinks while the cake was in the oven, baking and the majority of my cousins were out on the other side of the backyard playing football. My uncle and aunts, whom I was barely able to show my face to, were chilling beside the pool after helping Ray set things up.

It was almost time for us to get dressed up, Ana would be here with Octavian in about two hours and guests would start arriving half hour before that. I heaved a sigh and sat down in one of the golden chairs and gazed at my enormous family, lazing around, talking to each other, just having the best time of their lives.

"Astria," I heard someone yell, I turned over to look at Rex, one my cousins, waving at me, with the football in his hand, "Come on over, join us."

I contemplated joining them for a moment, but the doubts were quick to resurface. They all looked at me, with anticipation. I wanted to join them, I really did but what if Octavian or Dorian don't like that? Would they really want me to mix with them? If they did why didn't they call over our extended family in these past months? Surely they would have a reason of keeping me out of the family.

I just gave them a small awkward and replied, "Sorry guys, but I still need to get the cake ready and finish up a few things." Zion and Zane who were playing with them gave me puzzled looks but I ignored them and walked inside. I just need to make sure with Octavian, once he gives me an okay, I would love to play and fool around with my cousins and have a nice chat with my uncles and aunts and be pampered to hell by my grandparents. Yes, just his assurance that it's okay.

The next hour went by in a blur as I decorated the cake and left it in the refrigerator to set. Everyone was inside by now, getting ready for the party before the guests arrived. I hurried upstairs as well.

My first stop was Octavian's room. Setting the suit Dorian got for him down on the bed. It was a good choice, white with black lapels, a three piece suit complete with a black bow tie. I also prepared a small basket for him with a few essentials he might need to get ready.

After that, as soon as I was done with my attire, I rushed downstairs, gave a final few finishing touches to the cake and I was out in the backyard. I saw my aunts supervising the maids who were getting the tables ready with fresh flowers arrangements and a few of my cousins helping with the lighting. The whole backyard was transformed into something magical, right out of a magazine.

One of the maids came up to me telling me that Ana was here and was looking for me. My brows furrowed and panic rose inside me. Was Octavian here early? The guests haven't even arrived yet and if Octavian was already here, it wouldn't be a surprise. These thoughts rushed through my head as I walked inside.

Thankfully, it was just Ana, talking to Dorian. "You're here alone?" I asked as I approached the pair.

"What are you wearing?" They asked in unison the moment they saw me. I have them a puzzled looks before looking my dress.

"A dress? I liked it," I replied.

"It is pretty but that is not a party dress, why are you wearing that when we're all dressed up to the nines?" Dorian asked

"Well, I don't really mind it. It's not my party, is it now?"

"You're the hostess, you have to look perfect," Ana interjected.

"Psh, that's not really necessary," I waved her off, "Now, why did you call for me and why are you here without Octavian? And that too early," I exclaimed.