~Chapter Thirty-Two~

not edited

I delivered all the letters to the brothers before stepping into my room and sitting down in front of my desk. I picked up my phone and opened Esai and my text chain.

(Italics: Astria
Underline+Italics: Esai
Bold+Italics: Aaron)

'You guess?'

'It's been almost 48 hours, I was worried that something happened to you on your way back.'

'I was alright till I got home, just some crazy stuff happened last night and the night before that. I didn't have the chance to even pick up my phone.'

A couple minutes passed and all I saw were the dots dancing in the little bubble indicating that he was typing. It suppose it's a long message.

'Does it have something to do with your father by any chance?'

'It did, how did you know?'

'I think you keep forgetting but your family is quite famous. There were various news channels covering this topic. So, I deduced a little and hoped I was right.'

'Well, you were after all.'
'I was not home yesterday and got stuck because of the snowstorm. My phone died and I had literally no way to contact anybody.'
'I'm really sorry for making you worry.'

'You were safe right?'

'Yeah, I was with my second eldest brother.'

'Oh that's nice then.'

'Yeah,'
'Anyways how's your sister? Is she alright?'

'Yeah I got there in time and rushed her to the hospital. The doctor said she'll be fine but we need to up her dosage.'
'

Anyways I gotta go, I'll see you tomorrow morning, extra dance practice. Be there at 10'

Before I could reply to him, a notification pops up stating that Aaron had sent me a message. I quickly open his text, unintentionally leaving Esai on read.

'I can see that you're online, why wouldn't you answer? I've been really worried, messaging, calling and everything in between but you can't even reply so that Ik that you're alright.'

'I'm alright Aaron'
'You don't need to worry. Yk that yesterday was my dad's death anniversary. I was busy with that'

'Yeah I knew and that's why I tried reaching out to you. I remember you telling me how difficult it has been coming to terms with your dad's demise. I just wanted to be with you and help you with all the baggage you had yesterday.'

'I didn't really think you'd remember it,'

'It was an important conversation. You opened up to me and trusted me, how could I not?'

'Enough about that, you're alright right?'

'I'll be fine soon,'

'Soon? Do you want to talk? Should I come over? Your brothers know me, it should be fine,'

'I would really love to talk but I can't have you over'
'I'm grounded'