~Chapter Eighteen~

lol I was bored so here's another chapter

The pic is how I imagine Dorian would have held Astria lmao

not edited

"If you are going to do this, you need to be extremely careful with her. Every second of the next few days matters. So pay attention to her and even if one little thing seems out of place, get her straight to the ER," The female doctor instructed Octavian and Zion as the nurse emerged from Astria's room.

"She's ready," The nurse muttered softly, before walking away. It was night time now and all the Crawford brothers had gathered outside of Astria's room as the nurse was changing her.

After Dorian and Octavian had their talk, a little problem had occurred. A reporter had somehow snuck past the hospital security and into the hospital. He was caught by Octavian's guards. Coincidently, Dorian was passing through the same hallway at the time the reporter was caught. Before any of the guards could explain or take the reporter away, Dorian punched him.

The guards fortunately separated the angry Crawford from the bloody reporter before it got too out of hand. Octavian later came in to sort everything out.

Since then, Octavian refused to let Dorian out of his sight until they were home and he had calmed down. All the brothers were relieved to hear that the doctors were ready to let Astria go for today so that the ER could be handled better with the paparazzi gone.

"Alright, all of you listen," Zane called out to his brothers, "Like Mable said, the next week is quite critical for her. She will have chills, colds and coughs. Fever is normal as well. She needs to be under supervision as much as she could be. But her meals and any type of nutritional intake needs to be supervised for the next 72 hours. I've informed Jess and Amelia to keep her room ready for when we arrive. And now, Sarah should be arriving with the wheelchair soon. You can head in and take care of her sweaters and stuff now that she's changed," He finished with a nod and Zion and Octavian rushed in at once. Dorian followed them reluctantly as Zane returned with the lady doctor to take care of the other patients.

Zion gave Astria a small smile which was returned with a weak one from her. He helped her sit up with a few groans that escaped her lips. Apologies fell from his lips while he helped her sit up comfortably, lending her a little support to sit straight.

Octavian came forward and doused her in a couple sweaters and jackets while Zion brushed out her hair, gathering it all up in a ponytail when Dorian interrupted, "Keep it down, it will help protect from the winds outside," He said, nodding before going back to scrolling on his phone.

Zion shrugged in reply but did as he was told. Astria watched her brothers' moves and words with a woozy mind. All she wanted was to go back to sleep but now she couldn't even do that. But she was grateful for everything Octavian, Zion and Zane were doing. She never expected Dorian to be here, much less say anything in her favor.

She let out a quiet sigh before following Ocatvian. He procured something from the humongous bag of clothes and retrieved some socks and boots. Her eyes widened comically as she extended her hands with great effort, "I'll do that," She whispered to Octavian.

"You can barely sit. I'll do it, don't worry," He said, bending down on one of his knees and taking her foot in his hands. Zion and Dorian exited silently, saying they're going to check on the nurse and the wheelchair.

Octavian very gently slid on the fluffy sock on her left feet which was soon followed by the boot. The boot was lined with fur on the inside and guaranteed to keep her feet warm.

Watching her own brother put shoes on her feet like she was a two year old who couldn't do anything woke something in Astria. A humongous wave of embarrassment hit her at her own helplessness. She couldn't even do menial jobs like putting shoes on. She always knew she was quite pathetic from the start but this was a new low, even for her.