~Chapter Twenty-Two~

not edited

I combed my curly hair and secured the front half with a white satin scrunchie that was wrapped around my wrist. I straightened the ends of my hoodie before glancing at the reflection of the numerous jackets stacked on my bed, courtesy of my overdramatic brothers.

I shook my head with a small smile before fishing out Zion's grey denim jacket which had the softest fur on the inside. I put it on and then topped it with a long coat from Octavian. Well, it wasn't supposed to be long, it reached just a little past his waist but for me it reached past my knees. But it had a belt at the waist so it worked and tightened both the coat and the jackets to fit my waist.

Wrapping the woolen scarf around my neck, I turned off all the lights, before sauntering out of my room. The moment I stepped out of my room, a very excited Sky greeted me, jumping up and down and running around my feet. My smile widened at the sight my pup as I bent down to pet her. She lined sloppy kisses on the length of my palm before jumping up on my laugh.

I walked down the staircase with Sky in my arms and was greeted by three of my brothers. The only one absent was Dorian. As much as I enjoyed spending time with the twins and Octavian, I couldn't deny the guilt I felt. Because if I weren't here, they would most probably be together but now just because I'm here, Dorian can't spend time with his brothers.

Sky jumped out of my arms the moment she saw the open door, racing out towards the gardens. I let out a squeal of surprise before calling out after her. The twins watched in amusement as Octavian just stood there, watching the whole ordeal with an emotionless mask on. I averted my eyes to Zane who spoke up, "Don't worry, Matthew is right outside, waiting for her. Plus, there are other guards surrounding the estate, so she'll be fine," He said with a soft smile on his face. I nodded in reply as Octavian started walking towards the door. The twins followed him as did I.

Before I could follow the twins out, Dorian walked past me. I stopped right in my tracks as did my brothers before me. Dorian just silently passed all of us before stopping beside Octavian, "I'm coming with you guys. I need a few things," he muttered. Octavian sighed but nodded and as soon as he was about to say something Dorian finished his sentence, "And yes, I'll behave," He said, rolling his eyes. Octavian narrowed his eyes at Dorian tone who shot him an apologizing glance before following Octavian out.

I kept to the twins the whole journey as they chattered amongst themselves and shopped for their needs at the mall. I didn't mind just trailing behind them carrying a bag or two of anything they decided to buy me until we exited the store and a couple security guards would come and get the bags from me. Dorian and Octavian were together most of the time, looking around, not buying anything but I would constantly feel their eyes on us as we switched or walked through the shops.

This time the twins walked towards the me section while I refused to do so. I was getting quite tired and according to Octavian the whole reason of this trip was to shop for me so now they all were focusing on me. Hence the four humongous men surrounding me.

They all scattered throughout the store looking for items to get me. I stood there just observing them before Octavian raised a perfectly arched eyebrow. My head tilted as I looked at him in question. "Well, look around. We have come here to shop for you after all," He said. I quickly sprang into actions at his words.

I started walking around aimlessly. The twins would come to me occasionally with all types of clothing in their hand and I would just refuse them. I felt horrible using their money. Their hard earned money. I was quite satisfied with the two pairs of hoodies I have but apparently Octavian wasn't. While twins were asking me for opinion, Octavian on the other hand was not having it. Je would just walk around, pick out clothes he would think look good and dump them in the bag a store clerk was carrying around, walking behind him. He would not ask me because he knew I would just refuse.