33

"Don't get me wrong, Ili, my parents loved each other deeply. By the time my parents met yours they had myself, Isaac and Preston. Mom was pregnant with Phoenix and Kai. They had no desire to get divorced and even less to break up your parents marriage.

"It was obvious to even a child like me, that they loved each other deeply. The problem is, that Special ones call to each other unless one of the couple does something to damage the connection the two have.

"Your parents and mine all felt the pull. They all talked it over both as a couple and then all together. They allowed their partner, my father to your mother and your mother to my father, your father to my mother and my mother to your father, to be together." Blake looks at her and finds that fucking blank mask back in place.

"They only allowed those exceptions in their marriage. They never considered it cheating since they all knew about the other and were okay with it. There was no jealousy or bitterness between the four. Indeed our mothers became best friends and our fathers did the same."

"That's why I heard my father tell my mother that they tried to shove that promotion on him and he turned it down again. He didn't want to leave his lover, your mother."

"Partially, yes. He also didn't want to take your mother away from my father or you away from my parents or us.

"Your parents had tried for years to get pregnant. Usually your mother couldn't. The few occasions when she could she miscarried shortly afterwards. My parents talked to yours. 

"One of the bonuses about being a vampire is that we have supernatural abilities. What those are depends on the vampire. My father and to a lesser extent my mother had healing abilities. They didn't like how the loss of the baby affected your mother every time. Both of our fathers were worried about the mental health of Lovina.

"My father talked with my mother and came up with a possible solution. They offered to give her their blood to see if that would help your mother be able to carry to term a child.

"At first it seemed to work. Lovina became pregnant almost immediately. Unfortunately, although she was able to carry it a month, longer than she's ever managed before, she still lost the baby.

"So they offered again. Once more your mother became pregnant. This time she made it through the first trimester, but lost it as soon as the blood donation stopped."

"My parents begged her to let them help once more. Lovina was near hopeless at that time but finally she accepted their help once more. This time my parents donated their blood the whole pregnancy.

"You were born and there couldn't have been any happier people than your parents and mine."

"So that's why you always claim that I am family, because with out your parents help I wouldn't have been born. Slight claim to kinship and one easily severed." Iliana says getting over her shocks that Blake was giving her at this time.

"No, Ili, Iliana I mean," Blake backtracks at her look. "That isn't the reason. My mother always wanted a girl but after the triplets she couldn't stand the idea of having more children. So she was beyond happy that her best friend and her special one had a girl that she could love and spoil. My father was as proud of you as if you were his own. You are the child of their special ones and so, to them you were their child as well."

"That's why  they left me a trust fund even though my parents already had. As well as the gifts of the jewels on my sixteenth birthday."

"As well as the gift that they left for you this day and what was left for you for when you get married."

"What about the house?"

Blake shakes his head, "No, they left you that for another reason, one I'm getting to."

Blake sighs deeply, this next part will either fix things, or at least give them the chance to fix things or see her leave and cut all ties with them.

"What reason, did they have for that?" Iliana demands. She's tired of the run around and just wants to get back to her packing. It was shocking what she was told, but nothing that she couldn't deal with. She always knew that Elizabeth and Clayburn considered her their child even if their sons didn't consider her their sister.

"Iliana, the day you were born my parents brought us all into the hospital room and introduced us to you. At the time they had indeed intended for you to be a little sister to us, but that all changed the moment we saw you." Blake stops once more.

"This is getting old, Blake, either spit it out or get out." Blake can feel her anger starting to build up. There are a lot of breakable things packed away in those boxes that were in easy reach, he decided to spit things out.

"When we each saw you, you were claimed as our special one. All of us claimed you. From myself down to Dimitri."

"Yeah, okay, what's the punch line?" Blake is sick at her response.

"There is no punch line, Iliana. You are our special one."

"Nope. Now if that was everything, please tell me about my parents or get the fuck out of here." 

"We think that since your mother had so much of our parents blood that it changed, just slightly, your mother's DNA and thence yours. You became the special one for all of us.

"Your parents and our reamed us good on your sixth birthday. Their warning was lost, but part of us pulling away was necessary."

"Bullshit, now either tell me the rest or get the fuck out of here, Blake."

"I'm trying Iliana, I'm trying, okay? I'm trying to explain something that is indefensible to you and it isn't easy."

Blake takes a minute to get his thoughts in order. Iliana goes back to packing. She doesn't think he has anything to say that will change her mind.

"The first time we pulled away, we honestly didn't notice it. We were warned and we took that warning seriously. 

"The problems started when your parents died. You came back to live here, that in itself wasn't a problem, it actually made things easier and better. The problem was your parents family or rather families. In order to get custody of you and to keep them from doing so, they not only had your parents will showing that you were supposed to come to my parents, my parents had stock piled a shit load of stuff against those relatives of yours. It was so bad that many of them ended up going to prison. 

"Those that didn't would have my parents watched, trying to find something, anything they could use against them to get you. If they had gotten custody of you it is doubtful that you would survive until your eighteenth birthday and they would have found a way to drain your money from you.

"We couldn't allow that. So we had to hide our feelings towards you. We couldn't allow others to think of you as our sister, because we had no intentions of being brotherly to you once you came of age.