Chapter 26

It had already been days since they first set off. They had their bags stuffed full of food, thanks to Schlatt, who had happily stolen all of it from a store. George, unlike the others, was fully human and not very fit, so his whole body hurt from walking so much. Bad had carried him for a while, but that was about all the break he got, while others like Techno and Fundy were completely fine.

They had gotten to know eachother more during this walk, and George had learned that the newcomers name was Quackity. Or at least, that's what he called himself. They had no idea if he gave himself that name because of the duck wings that had been attached to his back.

George had convinced them to let everyone have a break, so they had stopped at a field, and set up camp. Quackity was working on the fire, George on the tents, and bad worked on the dinner. Everyone else either sat around, or went hunting. Philza and Technoblade went on a walk, but George knew that it was either to get a break from the others, or to train. Honestly, probably both. Techno had been the group's main protector, but whenever he was out the others stepped up to do the protecting. Phil never left his side, fighting or not.

Phil had questioned Quackity about how he knew about Snowchester, and the duck hybrid had simply shrugged.. which got a sword to his neck. He was more then happy to answer then.

"Oh, uh, friend of a friend, you know? This guy called Wilbur had me meet Ranboo, so uh, you can put the sword down."

George actually knew Tubbo, but never said anything about it. He had met the kid back at his job. Back when life was normal. Nothing was normal now. It was funny to him, honestly. He had went from a cop, to a victim, to a runaway, who broke the law more times then he could count. Saw more things then he ever should have. Not that he minded, honestly. He was fascinated by everything, but sometimes he still got scared by them. Like.. like Sam, he scared George. The pale, horrid monster Bad had driven off. He remembered what Sam looked like crystal clear, I mean, how could he ever forget those legs? Four legs, all attached to his hips, and none where they should be. Two in the front, two in the back. Plus the arms, it was just.. horrible to see. It was burned into his head.

But people that looked like Techno? Or Fundy? Yeah, he could deal with those guys. Fundy had smacked George's hand away more then once when the human got too curious and tried to pet him.

George was snapped out of his thoughts when Quackity gently hit his shoulder.

"Daydreamer, wake up. Fires going and foods almost ready. We need the tents."

George nodded and rubbed his eyes, trying to zone back into reality.

"Yeah, yeah, I got it. Sorry."

Quackity simply laughed and walked off. George quickly set up the tents and sat himself by the fire, taking a quick head count. Everyone but Techno and Phill had returned. Bad started to hand out the food, as George overheard Schlatt talking to Fundy.

"Look furry, just because you think it's a good idea doesn't mean I'm gonna do it."

Fundy rolled his eyes with a smile.. well, as well as a fox could smile.

"So what you're saying is if I screamed right now, you wouldn't fall over like a goat?"

Schlatt sighed in disappointment, and George held back a giggle. He paused to think, before letting out a actual, real scream, as loud as he could. It sounded like he was being murdered.

Schlatt, who had not expected it, actually did freeze up and fall over, which made Fundy laugh his ass off when the shock went away.

"I knew it! I was right!"

It was quite for a second, before everyone started laughing really hard over Schlatts reaction. The goat man recovered fast, and was quite grumpy when he figured out they were laughing at him.

George paused and looked over to the forest, hearing one set of footsteps running full speed to the camp. Techno bursted from the trees, and right into camp, panting, with his sword out.

"Who screamed?! What attacked?!"

That only made everyone laugh harder, which Bad simply sighed.

"George screamed to test fundus theory. I'm sorry to scare the muffin out of you, Techno."

The pigman sighed, and put away his sword.

"You scared the feathers off of Phil, man. Dude literally lost like, 100 feathers."

Speaking of, Phil landed right beside Techno, seeming to be flying right before.

"That was not cool mate. But while I was up there, I did manage to get a look around, and uh.."

Everyone immediately fell silent, staring at Phil. George was the one to speak up.

"Phil, what did you see?"

The Crow man looked towards the forest, seeming worried.

"Well, good news, Snowchester is about a day's walk from here. Bad news, there's a group of people walking straight for us."