Chapter 31

George immediately backed up, almost bumping into Schlatt as he did. But Sam didn't slow, walking at a good pace towards the human. He then spoke, keeping his eyes glued to George's fearful face, even though he spoke to everyone.

"There's more then one way to do this. We can take George, and we can leave you. Or we can take you all back, dead or alive."

There was a deep chuckle, from a very well known pig. Philza chuckled as well, and so did the others, but they were much less certain.

"Oh Sam, Warden might I call you, I think you don't see how many people are here compared to your three people. You may have a fire starter, but so do we. And we have a much stronger one."

He was bullshiting, of course, but they didn't know. Bad had refused to show any of his magic to the guards. And so, the demon picked up on the lie, and was quick to add to the web of lies.

"Techno! They didn't- that was our whole plan! You just- oh my muffin."

Techno shrugged, playing the act of carelessness fairly well.

"Oh. Oops."

Sam rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, that's not my problem. All I need to do is bring George back, but I never said he needs to be alive."

Georges eyes widened as he saw a flash of a blade. Sam was fast, but as a flash of flame and heat bursted into Sam, it was clear Sapnap was faster.