Chapter 33

George slowly stirred as he woke, opening his eyes when he felt his ears stop ringing so loudly. Well, at least he thought he opened his eyes. It took a few seconds and a few blinks to realize that he was blindfolded. That immediately set off his adrenaline, which woke him right up. It barely took him a second to realize that he was chained up, but he wasn't sure what on. He knew he couldn't move if he tried, though. Not like he wanted too, his legs, head, and chest were throbbing with searing pain. Some felt like stab wounds, others blunt hits, some just cuts. He couldn't tell the difference, really, it was just pain to him.

Second thing he noticed was someone playing with his hair. George was good at taking his rest, and from his past, he knew the gentle yet oddly shaky movements were from Dream. That meant he was on his side, and probably on a bed. He heard the man he hated humming, even talking to George with no clue he was awake.

"You tried to run, you should know you shouldn't run. Now, how.. how can I fix this? What can I make you into to fix this?"

Another voice that was similar to Dreams, but had a more demonic and distorted tone, replied.

"Brother, why do you insist on fixing people? It's only made them betray you. You heard what happened with Sapnaps betrayal and Sams death, not to mention Quackity. So why do you continue?"

Dream laughed.

"Because it's fun! I get to test my limits, while punishing who I need to punish. And we both know Quackity is a double agent, he's only doing this to be able to get back that ghost."

A double agent? So Quackity wasn't actually one of them? He knew it! Oh, it was so obvious! How else did Skeppy, Sam and Sapnap know where to go? But what about Tubbo and Ranboo?

George shifted a little to get comfortable, and both of the men immediately froze. After a second of George showing no other movements or reactions, Dream.. giggled?

"Oh, he's so cute. You know, I think maybe a mushroom would fit him. What do you think? Like a mushroom cap?"

Silence. No one moved or spoke, until dream spoke again.

"Oh. Right. You disappeared. I think you would look great as a mushroom, Cloud."

Cloud was the nickname Dream had given him when they were younger, because of the goggles he use to wear. Those were long broken though, and even then, the nickname had stuck. But hearing that made George sick to stomach, even disgusted just by the sound of it. It use to make him swoon.

"Come on, let's get you to the station."

Suddenly, George was lifted off the bed, and was being carried out of the room.