Chapter 35

George stared at Dream in utter disbelief.

"Are you fucking stupid?"

Well, that definitely caught Dream off guard, it was clear on the man's face. He even stuttered.

"W-what?"

George couldn't help but laughed a little, before shaking his head. Of course, it was just out of disbelief, not that he found it funny.

"Dream, I'm not stupid. I'm not going to fall back into your arms at some stupid well made speech. Honestly, with what you would need to do for me to forgive you, is way more then you'll ever be willing to put in."

Dream sighed a little, dropping the act of regretfulness. It didn't work anyway, so no point to keep it up.

"I'll hear you out. But I won't do what you tell me too, if it's truely more then I'll put in, like you say."

George was slightly surprised about that.

"I.. o-okay, well, first, I don't want to be chained up. And I want to be able to come and go from here whenever."

George already saw the dislike about that demand on Dreams face. It made him smile a little, tears slowing from their rapid pace.

"And- and I want you to actually listen to me for once. And let me talk to my friends. And-"

He paused. He was going to add "and not hurt anyone anymore", but that was too vague, and quite literally not something Dream could do. He did own a mafia, after all. A weird, genetic altering Mafia.

"And.. and not turn anyone else into monsters."

There. Surely that would be more do-able, right? Everyone said Dream just did it for his own benefit, so he should be able to give that up.. right?

Dream paused to look past George, before sighing. He ran a hand through his hair as he thought.

"..how about, I change a few things about your offer, and we make a deal?"