Chapter 29: Toxic

Songs: 

Toxic - The Voice performance Melanie Martinez 

Kiss With a Fist - Florence and the Machine 

He pressed his lips to mine, and I felt, in every way and as much as anyone could possibly feel, completely and overwhelmingly ignited. I could feel the sharp intake of his breath as a warm soft tongue ran along my own. He tasted so fucking good, almost sweet.

His fingers traced the side of my neck before he moved his way upwards to cup my burning cheeks.

It might have been the all-at-once quick release of tension or the far too many past occasions where we almost yet never quite touched each other like this, but I found myself completely intoxicated by him. The only noise I let myself hear was that of his own breath against my lips, my skin. I didn't even hear the chairs moving when he pushed me onto the desk.

The dungeon was no longer freezing and I was left burning. I burned at the sensation of his tongue running down my neck, at the trail of wetness it left behind.

My neck bared further to him when he pulled my hair, and then even more when he visited the trail he had just left behind. I used the leather belt encircling his waist to pull him closer, I almost begged for him to kiss me again.

It didn't take much pleading for him to release my hair and pull my open mouth closer to his, and I could feel the anger and frustration we shared intensifying.

His kiss turned harsher and our tongues more forceful, though the synchronicity of them remained. The vigor of it all freed a soft almost shy moan from his lips. The sound was so hot it acted like fuel to the fire in my loins.

I needed to hear it again. But he grabbed my jaw firmly and pushed me back before I could earn the sound from him. I leaned in, only to be pushed back again.

"Say it," he whispered, voice breathy and rough. "Tell me you want me."

"You know I do, Draco," I uttered pleadingly. The sound of his name coming out of my wet mouth sent him into override. "I want to hear you say it," he almost smiled.

I hesitated, but when he ran his thumb along my lip, I already heard myself rushing out the words.

"I want you."

A knowing smirk, and then his hand traveled down and under my pleated navy skirt. "What else?" I rolled my eyes at his greedy question. "Hmm?" he whispered into my ear before gently taking the lobe in between his teeth.

"Shut up," I half said, half moaned. A soft chuckle and his hands traveling to my waist was his only response.

I was forced closer to him, close enough that we didn't have to move for our lips to touch again. I kissed him again, just as desperately and rough as before. It almost hurt me. And I was already so, so lost that the pain disguised itself as pleasure.

I pulled the light silky strands of his hair; his cheeks flushed; a soft-spoken groan escaped him. Heaven.

His warm fingers glided all the way down to the inside of my thighs. They circled around my skin. Slow, smooth, enticing little circles.

"You hate me until I touch you like this, don't you?"

I nodded.

He pulled my hair forcefully and I whimpered, knowing the sound would make him melt. My eyes traveled away from the stone ceiling to look down at him. "I thought I told you to use your words."

"I-"

The door of the classroom burst open; the chattering of first years hit me like ice-cold water. Dumbstruck and red-faced, I had leaped up in such a haste that the burning potion inside the cauldron rushed out. The dense, violet liquid scorched my upper thigh and an agonizing sting- like a million burning-hot needles piercing through skin- consumed my entire leg.

My senses had already numbed, so when I heard his shriek, I had only heard it as a soft echo in the distance. The only recognizable noise was that of my own pulsating heart surrounding me in stereo. Until I could no longer hear, no longer see, and the blackness engulfed me entirely.