Chapter 10: The Closet

Song: Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight - Lana Del Rey 

Y/N

"What exactly do you think you're doing?" I asked rudely, without much hesitation.

The sight of his icy fingers stroking the back of Scorpius' head made me sick to my stomach.

Before my mind could go over each and every disastrous possibility of this encounter, he slowly turned the side of his silhouette face towards me.

The dim lighting of the common room made it almost impossible to see clearly, and yet, I recognised that smug look on his face even before he uttered,

"You seriously need to learn how to relax."

He continued to caress him without a care in the world, his thumb now sliding upwards and downwards gently across the side of Scorpius' stomach.

Though I was certainly not in the mood for an argument in the middle of the night, his apathetic attitude was getting more and more irritating by the second.

I grunted loud enough for the entire school to hear and headed towards him furiously. But, before I could take Scorpius away, he jumped out of Malfoy's arms fearfully into the dark.

"Why did you let him escape?" I whispered aggressively. My face was incapable of hiding my temper but I still hoped I could at least control my voice.

He leaned his head back against the velvet chair and replied,

"Don't be ridiculous."

His eyes, now more expressionless than I've ever seen them before, were fixated on me as I strutted rapidly to the wooden door of the common room.

I prayed that it wasn't open but the sight of a small speck of moonlight coming from the large windows of the hallway told me otherwise.

Before opening the door fully, I suddenly became uncomfortable knowing he was staring this entire time. Almost instantly, I turned around and nervously pulled down the grey sweater in attempts to cover a few inches of my shorts.

The sight of my nervousness seemed to delight him and a tiny grin was now placed on his face as he stood up and slowly began heading towards the staircase.

As I stared into the vast darkness of the hallway behind the door, I became more and more agitated by the thought of me walking through it alone. Before I could take a moment to think things through, my fear betrayed me.

"Wait." I murmured softly, selfishly hoping he would help me without making a big deal out of it. But the fact that he was a Malfoy made the chances of that happening slim to none.

Strangely enough, he stopped half way and turned towards me impatiently.

"I- I can't do it alone." I somehow managed to say, eyes fixated on the carpet floor.

He let out a slight chuckle and continued to selfishly head upstairs. I should have known he was never going to help me.

And yet, my fear still gave me a hint of hope.

"Please!" I whispered desperately as I headed towards him, who was now halfway through the staircase.

He, quite literally now, looked down at me in complete amusement. His face overcome with pleasure at the sight of my frightfulness as his hands gradually loosened their grip on the staircase handle.

It was silent for a few seconds before he turned around and headed upstairs for good.

I felt more pathetic than ever now that I let him see me this vulnerable, even if it was merely for a few moments. I sighed and took a seat on the arms of the chair he was just sitting on.