Part 6: Who's he?

The figure sitting on the edge of the mast slowly stands, and gently floats down towards you on a gust of blue-green wind. You were surprised he even heard Beidou from all the way up there. Perhaps he has good hearing?

It is then you see his face, and your heart leaps into your throat. It was the same red-eyed boy you'd shared a passing glance with when you first arrived in Inazuma.

The boy's feet touch solid ground, and he turns to Beidou. "Yes, Captain? Do you require something of me?"

You were struck by how soft and melodious his voice was, a stark contrast to the large blade hanging at his side. What kind of person was he?

He then notices you and Yoimiya and smiles kindly. "And hello again Yoimiya, I had a feeling we'd be delivering fireworks to you today after seeing all the heavy boxes on board."

Yoimiya lights up. "Yep, only the best supplies for my customer's orders!" You suddenly feel a bit out of place, as the other three seemed to know each other already. The light-haired boy looks in your direction with a puzzled expression, raising his eyebrows slightly.

"And you... how interesting. While you give off the essence of a pure spring, you also carry the scent of wind and earth about you..."

Huh?

"Excuse me?" You ask. That was the strangest compliment you'd ever heard. Is this guy a bard or something?

Beidou rolls her eyes as the boy shakes his head. "Ah, pay it no heed. I mean only to say that I believe it is by fate, not chance, that we should meet... and that gives this encounter meaning."

You blink. "Alrighty then..."

Cryptic much?

Seeing your bewildered expression, Beidou puts a hand on his shoulder and looks towards you and Yoimiya. "This here is Kaedehara Kazuha, a temporary addition to my crew for... well, I won't bore you with details. Anyway, he's got a real knack for messin' with the wind, so I bet he could float those boxes of yours back to your place in a jiffy."

Looking closer at Kazuha's attire, you notice the anemo vision at his side, and you ponder how he received it. You glance around too, checking to make sure there weren't any guards close by.

Kazuha's face becomes troubled. "But Captain, you know I must keep a low profile. If I were to assist, we'd have to take a path through the wilderness where none would see. Wouldn't that take more time?"

Beidou shrugs. "Eh, it'd still be faster than these two walking back 'n forth carrying heavy boxes. Besides, you've been at sea for a long time now. Why not stretch your legs, see those leaves you always talk about in your poetry?

Kazuha nods. "Well, when you put it that way, I suppose it would not hurt to take a small break from the sweet sound of the sea."

He looks to you and Yoimiya and gives a small bow. "Then let us travel together for a time. Leave your supplies to me, and I shall transport them safely."

Goodness... he's cute isn't he?