Part 15: ⚡️ Your Daring Dash ⚡️

Come on, think! What would Kazuha do!

You hold your spear at the ready, focusing your energy on the vision hidden in your pack. You steady your breathing, summoning your most powerful attack.

Spin
Spout
Spiral!

Guards begin to rush towards you and Tohma. "Get them! This is their doing!"

With one last breath, you leap up, spear thrusted forward. At the tip of your weapon, a small trickle of water grows bigger and bigger, swelling into an intense hydro whirlpool.

Whoosh!

Waterlogged guards go flying. Tohma's eyes grow wide. Citizens in the crowd point and gasp. You lower you spear, but keep it at the ready, a sense of power flowing through your veins.

It is then the purple portal reappears, revealing  the Raiden Shogun and the Traveler, as the golden haired outlander falls to the ground.

Their flying companion waves her hands frantically. "H-Hey! Wake up, wake up!"

Without hesitation, the Shogun takes a step towards them, her purple-streaked braid brushing the ground as she raises her glowing sword high into the air.

"No!" Before you could react, Tohma throws his spear and grabs the Traveler, dragging them to their feet. You take their other side to support them, and the three of you race from the scene.

"Do not let them escape!" The Shogun commands, as pursuers follow your trail.

After what feels like hours of running, you make it back to the enterance of the Komore Teahouse. Because its land is only meant for the Yashiro Commission, you should all be safe here for now.

You place your palms on your knees, breathing heavily. "T-Tohma... Traveler... are you alright?"

"Yes," Tohma says, wiping sweat from his brow. "But all of us are guaranteed to be on the Shogun's wanted list now."

The Traveler nods, seemingly unwinded. "You're right. We need to seek refuge before the word gets out about our appearances. Where do you suggest we go, Tohma?"

Tohma places a hand to his chin. "Well, I would say here at the Teahouse, but I believe both of you would be much more help to the Watatsumi Island Resistance."

"Ah yes, Ayaka mentioned them to me," the Traveler agrees. "Perhaps fighting alongside them will bring me close to the Shogun once again."

You clench your fists. "After what I've seen today, I'm sure this treatment of vision-bearers has gone on long enough. You can count me in."

Tohma smiles fondly. "I'm glad you feel that way. I'll inform Miss Kamisato about this, and you both should leave now. Ask around about the Resistance's current location, and join their ranks as quickly as you can. I believe in you."

"We will. Thank you Tohma." The Traveler states before beginning to walk to the west.

"Take care Tohma, stay safe! And take care of Ayaka!" You call before following the Traveler.

You catch up to them, matching their stride. "So, we finally get to travel together, eh? Fugitive buddies!"

The Traveler nods with a grin. You forgot that they didn't talk much. Regardless, you had a feeling that this was going to be your biggest adventure yet. Finally, it's your turn to make a difference.

——

Late that night on an open sea, the Alcor braves the waves as it always has, its mighty captain keeping a watchful eye. Suddenly, a pure white bird swoops down onto the deck, two letters tied with red ribbon around its wide neck.

"Huh, now what do we have here..."

Captain Beidou unties the letters, and sends the bird back into the skies above. Her keen eyes scan the contents of the letters before they widen slightly.

Looking up to the bow of her ship, she calls out with a grin.  "Kazuha! You might want to see this, it's news from Inazuma!"

Captain Beidou looks out to the sea as the red-eyed samurai approaches her, a mischevious smile on her lips.

"Looks like we'll be changing course, kiddo."

Kazuha smiles. "Yes Beidou. A storm is on the horizon."