Part 29: 🌸Petals and Waves🌊

Soft pink petals brush your face as you sprint through the busy streets of Inazuma City, dodging passerby after passerby. As you take a deep breath and run, your hands still feel warm.

"Sorry!" You sputter, bumping into to someone for the millionth time. "Excuse me—"

"Hey hey, no worries! Wait wait wait— Y/N?! Is that YOU???" A lively voice answers as the figure you bumped into turns around. To your delight, it was the one and only Naganohara Yoimiya.

She jumps up and down happily as people around her glance over as they pass by. "Ohmygoshohmygosh, it's been FOREVER! What are you doing here? Ooooo, how was the Resistance? You aren't hurt right?"

You smile and lean against the railing of the wooden bridge behind you. "Well Yoi, it's kind of a long story..."

You explain to her the crazy situation with the Raiden Shogun and the Fatui in a hushed tone so passerby wouldn't eavesdrop. Her eyes grow wide, and she gasps several times in shock.

"Oh wow, that's just wiiiiiild! I, uh, probably shouldn't know all this huh? But no worries, you can always count on me!" Yoimiya reassured yo confidentlyu. "Looks like ya better go ahead and talk to Ayaka. Buuuut first, how ya doing? Any news?"

You blink, confused. "Huh? Uh Yoimiya, I just told you—"

She shakes her head quickly. "No no, how are you doing? Like, you, yourself! Anything exciting? You seem a lil bit different from the last time I saw ya~"
She flutters her eyelashes and gives you a cheeky grin. Your cheeks turn a bit pink.

T-There's no way it's that obvious right?
Right?

"I-I mean, seeing a battlefield first-hand was pretty scary. Everyone in the Resistance is nice." You stammer. Yoimiya rolls her fiery eyes.

"Uh-huuuh, and how's Kazuha been this days?" She giggles.

She totally knows. Dangit!

You sigh, and finally let yourself relax. "He's just... perfect... A-Anyway, what do you think of Kazuh, Yoimiyaa?"

The exuberant girl closes her eyes in thought, a few sakura blooms getting caught in her hair. "What do I think of him? Well, people with no worries like me speak real plainly, y'know? On the other hand, people with lots of cares talk of ancient poetry or the scenery. They talk about flowers and birds, but never what's really on their mind. I'm sure he's got lots of tales to tell."

"Yeah, I think so too." You smile softly. You hadn't expected such a heartfelt answer from Yoimiya, so you were pleasantly surprised and quite touched.

"If anyone can get him to open up, it'll definitely be you." Yoimiya giggles.

You laugh along too. "Hehe, I sure hope so."

Both of you relax into a comfy silence for a moment, enjoying the bustling atmosphere as people pass you by, each heading their own direction.

Suddenly, you catch your breath in your throat.

Shoot, I don't have time to relax!

You nod to Yoimiya. "It was so nice to see you again Yoi, but I gotta go! Tell Pops I said hello again?"

"You betcha!" She winks and gives you a big thumbs up, and you begin running once again towards the Kamisato Estate and the Komore Teahouse.

"To Watatsumi?" a sailor asks as a light-haired young man steps up to his ship.

"Indeed sir," he answers with a nod, the red streak in his hair fluttering in the ocean breeze.

"Name, lad?" The boy looks around discreetly before saying his name aloud.

"Kaedehara Kazuha."

The sailor squints at him for a moment before smiling broadly. "Oi, I remember ya. But..."

The big sailor looks around the dock now and wags a finger. "Where's yer lil friend?"

Kazuha's serious expression falters for a moment. "They... are on a solo errand."

The sailor gives a hearty chuckle. "Aye, young lovin'! I betcha wanna be with 'em too, hmmm? Reminds me of my ol girl an' I. Wouldn't trade 'er for the world."

Kazuha smiles quietly. "As would I."

"Ya asked yours to marry ya yet?" The sailor asks calmly. "I assume ya would by now."

The samurai's face flushes slightly, and his eyes widen. "Marriage? T-That seems a rather hasty inquiry, if you ask me. We... have not exactly discussed our sentiments towards each other just yet..."

"Aye, well then lad, I'd get on that, if I was ya, 'fore some other fella happens along an' snatched em first." The sailor smiles kindly, revving the boat's motor.

The young man sighs as he takes a seat in the vessel. "Yes, I do believe you're right. Fine then—" his face becomes determined, a new light burning in his scarlet eyes. "When the moon is bright and the wind is cool and calm, I shall find just the right words to clearly express my own emotions."

The sailor whistles. "That's the spirit lad! Now let's get this ol thing a-goin so you 'n that love of yers can meet again!"

Soon, as Kamisato Ayaka and Sangonomiya Kokomi are briefed on Yae Miko's plan, armies begin to march, deception is brought to light, and now everyone in Inazuma is holding their breath.