Part 21: 🍁A Peaceful Picnic🍁

Ughhhh
Why... is it so bright?

Someone is gently patting the top of your head.

Well, at least that feels nice...

"Come on now. The sun does not wait for you to rise to rise itself. The day has almost left you behind."

"Huhh?"

You open your eyes.
You were currently lying down on the bottom left bunk bed in the soldier's quarters where you had previously slept. And there was Kazuha, trying and failing to wake you up by patting your head.

You sit up, rubbing your eyes.
"You're... not good at waking people up..."

"Oh? But it seems to me as if I have succeeded in my mission," he smiles softly, sitting next to you on the edge of the mattress.

"Honestly, I probably would've gone back to sleep if you kept that up." You say briskly.

"Well then, perhaps next time I should try a bucket of cold water?"

"No!" You protest. Your mind suddenly flashes back to Kazuha wrapping his arm around your waist during the battle. Your cheeks go slightly pink.

Kazuha looks over to you. "Ah yes, I should inform you. You passed out directly after our victory on the battlefield, so I carried you back here. If Gorou and I hadn't been there—" he chuckles "—you'd likely have a rather painful bump on the back of your head."

You mentally whack yourself.

C'mon! Passing out in front of everyone? Embarrassing!!!

You sigh. "Well thanks for that. I uh... might've overdone it with the elemental energy."

Kazuha shakes his head. "Your power is not just in your Vision alone. Relying on your abilities and knowing your limits is a vital part of a warrior's strength."

You roll your eyes, and Kazuha grins. "In other words, I mean that you should take better care of yourself."

"Yeah, I got that. Anyway, where's the Traveler and Teppei?"

"Her Excellency has summoned them to Watatsumi Island for further orders. Meanwhile, she's asked you to stay here and act in her stead as a healer."

You perk up. "Woah, she's a healer too?" You'd heard a lot about Sangonomiya, and were a bit disappointed that you'd passed out before you could meet her.

"Yes, and she also has a hydro vision. I feel you two could be great friends." Kazuha says, placing his head in his hands.
"Ah yes, I'll also be taking the Traveler's quarters here in this cabin, unless you have any objections?"

Your eyes widen, and you feel your heartbeat quicken. "H-Huh? Oh uh, that's fine! I mean, they don't need it anymore so... yeah."

Oh real smooth buddy. Reeeeeal smooth.

Kazuha gets up from the bed and stretches, his light colored hair falling in his face.". "Alright then. Gorou's asked the two of us to go out on patrol. Let us go."

"Y-Yep, sounds good." You stammer, grabbing your shoes and following him out the door quickly.

I'm sharing a room with Kazuha?!

That was the only thing you could think about as you left your quarters.

"Good. Nothing seems to be out of place here." Kazuha nods happily, surveying the grassy terrain around you. The two of you had gone around the perimeter of the camp, the mid-afternoon sun beating down on you relentlessly. You ponder how strange it is for you to be on the front lines. You hadn't imagined you end up here when visiting Inazuma.