Part 13: We Will Meet Again ☁️

Kazuha begins his walk back down the beach, but then a thought comes to your mind.

"Hey Kazuha! Hold on!"

"Yes?" He turns to you as you catch up to him, sand kicking up behind you.

You suddenly take his right hand in your left, and he pulls back on instinct.

You shake your head. "Oops, sorry! But I was wondering, shouldn't you rebandage your hand? In fact, I bet I could heal—"

"No. That will not be necessary," he says sharply.

Kazuha gently but firmly removes his hand from yours, and a pang of sadness fills your heart.

He flexes his hand, examining the red and black glove with bandages beneath. "This wound is a reminder for me."

You cock your head to the side, curious. "A reminder? Of what, exactly?"

"Well, that is quite a long tale. We'll have to save it for another day."

You look down to your feet gloomily. "Yeah, I understand. But... you'll come back to Inazuma again, won't you? I know the Vision Hunt Decree is dangerous, but I'd like to talk to you some more."

Oops, that was a little straightforward...

Kazuha's red eyes soften, and he gives his soft smile once again. "Certainly. Try as I might, I cannot escape the call of my homeland..."

He begins his walk down the beach once again. "Farewell, (Y/N). I am certain that we will meet again."

You watch him go, his hair blowing in the evening wind.

"HEEEEEEY!"

From the trees in the distance, there comes a loud, exuberant voice.

Your eyes light up. "Ah~ she's back! Wait Kazuha, you should say bye to—"

But where the pale-haired samurai once stood now dispersed wisps of turquiose air on the sand.

He's... already gone.

"Guess what, guess what, guess whaaaaat!" came the peppy voice again, and in a few speedy strides an excited Yoimiya was at your side.

She twirls around in a circle as she explained the look of excitement on the children's faces after she set off the firework, but you have a hard time paying attention.

Kaedehara Kazuha...

"So it was TOTALLY worth it to stop by!" She giggles.

Then she looks around, her eyebrows raised. "Hey, where did that samurai guy go? He didn't ditch you out in the wilderness, did he?!" She asks worriedly. "'Cause if he did, he'll have to answer to me!"

You chuckle. "Oh no no, he was a really big help, and he even saved me and the firework supplies from a bunch of Treasure Hoarders."

"Woah, really? Aww, why did I have to miss all the action!" she throws her head back like a child. "Well, at least you're all safe n' sound! Oh yeah, why aren't you inside?"

You shrug. "Welllllll... Pops couldn't really hear me when I tried to get in..."

"Aw drat, not again! C'mon let's get inside, those rain clouds are DEFINITELY heading this way."

As you walk inside with Yoimiya, raindrops begin to slowly trickle down your skin, before becoming a full downpour.

——
Far off in the distance, a red-clad wanderer sits alone on the bow of a ship, lamenting the loss of the warm companion who was once beside him.

"Rain... it certainly rouses the spirit. Just as they do. Yes... we will meet again."