Part 17: 🔥 A Dream Kept Alive 🔥

The traveler's golden eyes sparkle and they grin. "Ah yes, Kazuha! He helped me win a fighting tournament in Liyue, and he was on Beidou's ship when I traveled to Inazuma with the Crux."

"Woah, a fighting tournament? That sounds exciting!" You say, eager to hear more. "So how did Kazuha help you out?"

"Well, he explained some of my competitors' unique skills and talents, and he and I got the competition's prize back after it was stolen." The Traveler explains, and you gasp.

"Stolen?! What was the prize?"

The Traveler lifts their eyes to the clouds. "A Masterless Vision..."

Your heart sinks. "A vision without an owner? Than that means... the vision holder..."

"Indeed. They passed away... poor Kazuha..." the Traveler says softly.

You stop, turning to them with you eyes wide. You feel as though you've stumbled upon a secret. "But, Kazuha has a Vision. Who did the masterless vision belong to?"

The Traveler stops too, and turns back to meet your gaze. "It's a long story, and I don't really believe it's my place to tell it, however..."

You dig your heels into the dirt and give them puppy-dog eyes. "Aww c'mon, please! I can't stop thinking about this. Why Kazuha always seems so sad... I just need to know! Please Traveler!"

The Traveler sighs and slumps their shoulders. "Fine. But if you ever ask him about it in the future, don't mention me. Come on then, let's find somewhere to rest."

After settling down under a shady tree grove, the Traveler begins their story.

A/N: This is the story of Kazuha's friend, please listen if you haven't heard it or would like to hear it again~

Eyes growing wide, your body is frozen in place. Finally, you feel as if you understand at least a small part of Kazuha's past.

"Kazuha saved his friend's vision... from the ice cold statue of a god..." You murmur, still processing such a heavy video.

A Vision represents one's dreams and ambitions.

The Traveler nods. "Yes. That is why he fled Inazuma. To this day, he is still trying to reignite his friend's Vision."

So Kazuha is still keeping his friend's dreams alive.

Slowly, you stand to your feet. You look to the Traveler, a new spark in your eyes. "Traveler, this decree has gone on long enough."

Looking out upon the land around you, you drink it all in. The lush green grass. The wild lavender melon. The soft breeze through parting clouds.

"Let's make Kazuha's friend proud. We can end this."

"Agreed." says the Traveler. "Let's go."

With a renewed sense of purpose, the two of you continue your trek down the coast of Inazuma. Finally, you arrive northeast of Nazuchi Beach.

Suddenly, you hear the sound of battle. Moving forward, your eyes land upon a frighten soldier, surrounded by samurai.

"Ready?" the Traveler asks, drawing their blade.

"Of course," you respond, twirling your spear in your hands.

The two of you rush to the soldier's rescue, and with a burst of elemental energy and a few slashes, his attackers were no more.

"W-Wow, that was incredible!" the fellow sputtered. "Just— wow!"

He picks himself up off the ground and dusts off his clothes. "Well hello there! I'm Teppei, if the Gobius Platoon. I'm with the Resistance."

You start to get excited. "Oooo perfect!"

Teppei's eyes light up. "Oh? Were you two looking to sign up? That's great! General Gorou was just complaining about how desperate we are for more people, but this should cheer him up! C'mon, I'll show you the way!"

While you walk with him, Teppei brings you up to speed on the Resistance's current situation, and the Traveler's flying friend poofs into existence to explain the Traveler's ability to use elemental powers. You're still not sure what the flying thing is though.

"Honestly, the fact we've been able to hold out for so long is thanks to the brilliant strategy use of Her Excellency, Sangonomiya, and the bravery of general Gorou." Teppei beams. You can tell he has great respect for his leaders.

"Let's not delay," says the Traveler, and the three of you quicken your pace.

"And that is what happened, General Gorou." Teppei explains. "I was surrounded by shogunate samurai, but they came to my rescue!"

The three of you now stand before a young male with light brown, fox-like ears and a single white patch at the front of his hair. His cyan eyes narrow in suspicion as Teppei continues his story. In the corner of your eye, you thought you saw his ears twitch.

Must not pet. Must not pet.

"I presume you've heard that the goal of our resistance is to repeal the Vision Hunt Decree," Gorou states, his gaze wary. "Any of our soldiers who step foot on the battle field must be willing to risk their lives."

You feel your body slowly break out into a cold sweat. Yes, you were willing to risk your life. But what about everyone back home? How would they even know if you fell in battle? Can you really fight alongside seasoned warriors?

Gorou's voice was steady.
"So. Are you?"