Part 31: 💙Strength's Embrace💜

(Your Point of View)

"T-Traveler? Traveler! Come on, snap out of it! What's—" you say, shaking your unresponsive friend. They seemed so shaken, so stupefied.

Then they're there.
The Watatsumi Army.

You turn to them, eyes widening. Dozens of soldiers stand at the bottom of Tenshukaku's stairs, lead by General Gorou and...

There was Kazuha, but his eyes...

Was he... scared?

What were they reflecting?
You turn around quickly, and your heart catches in your throat.

Her.

The Raiden Shogun, her piercing eyes and sizzling electric blade carefully poised and aimed to strike at...

You.

"Y/N!"

You faintly hear someone call your name, but it sounds so far away. The world begins to slow down around you. You feel as though you're sinking deep under cold water.

Is this really how it ends?
Is this it?

A distant fuzzy memory floats to the surface of your mind.

You see yourself as a young child. A grassy meadow with red flowers. A tall sunsettia tree. A broken branch. A turquoise wind.
A boy.

"You have to learn to take care of yourself, Y/N. There won't always be someone there to save you." you heard him say. At the time, you thought he was being rude.

"You've got to be strong. Then you can help others when they need you, too." he said.

Strong?
Avel, you hypocrite.
You didn't even know your own strength.

But I—

You open your eyes. It all comes crashing back down on yo like a tidal waveu, and you're thrust out of your own head. There was the Shogun, the Traveler, Gorou, Kazuha. You see the glowing sword, inches from your face.

But I—
I know my strength!

You snatch the blue spear from your side and fling it forward, squeezing your eyes shut and releasing all the hydro energy you can muster.

You know you can't win, but you have to try. You've come too far to give up now.

For a moment, you feel the weight of a god's power almost knocking you off your feet. But slowly, it becomes lighter.

I'm... alive?

You open your eyes, and look up.
There he was.

Kaedehara Kazuha, with anemo and electro sparks flowing from his sword , the fire in his crimson eyes glowing brighter than you'd ever seen before as the two of you withstand the power of a god, together.

With pulses of aqua, turquoise, and violet filling the air, you and Kazuha force back the Raiden Shogun, causing her to stumble for but a moment, a gasp falling from her lips.

You take a breath, thinking the fight is won, only to have Kazuha wrap a steady arm around your waist and pull you back to avoid a slash of the angry Shogun's blade.

"Charge!"

"Attack!"

"FORWARD!"

The battle calls of the Resistance flood your eyes. They rush forward as you and Kazuha fall back, his dear friend's electro vision slipping from his grasp and growing dark once more. You both hold each other close as the Traveller once again disappears into a purple portal, the guards of Tenshukaku locked in combat with the Watatsumi soldiers.

You sigh deeply, finally beginning to relax as Kazuha's soft hair brushes your forehead. In his warm embrace the outside world stood still. There was no sound, no wind, no battle. Only you and Kazuha.

Your mind is at peace.

"So that's it then? The Vision Hunt Decree is abolished?" You say, shocked. The Traveler nods their head.

"Yes. I defeated the Shogun, and she has kept her word. It was mostly thanks to Yae Miko." they reply simply. You just stare at them, wide-eyes.

"Paimon was worried you, y'know!" Paimon whines, floating around the Traveler's head. You wanted to ask what happened in the portal, but you feel like it might be a bit of a secret.

The two of you were walking back from the Narukami Shrine after the Traveler had spoken with Yae Miko. After the battle with the Shogun, the Watatsumi Resistance had returned to their home, and you accompanied the Traveler and Yae to the Shrine. However, you weren't sure where Kazuha had gone off to, and it was really bothering you. You'd wanted to stay with him.

"What's the matter?" The Traveller asks. You realize you've been staring off into space.

"Oh! Uh, nothing really, just a bit worried." You sputter quickly.

The Traveler smiles. "About Kazuha?"

You look to the side sheepishly. There was no point in hiding it anymore. "Yes... I haven't seen him since the battle."

"Why don't you go see the Crux Fleet in Ritou? I heard they're heading back to Liyue soon, maybe Kazuha's going with them?" The Traveller suggests.

"Yeah yeah, I bet he's there!" Paimon giggles. "Ooooo, are you gonna confess your loooove~"

You glare at Paimon. "That's none of your business!" You turn back to the Traveler.

"That's a great idea though, I'm surprised I didn't think of that sooner. Alright then, guess we should part ways."

"Yes," The Traveller looks to the horizon, their golden eyes sparkling. "I liked traveling with you, Y/N. Thank you."

"H-Huh? Pfff, me? I was along for the ride! But really, I'm happy we met too." You give the Traveler a big grin before turning from them.

"Alright then, tell Yoi and the others I love 'em!" You call as you start on your own path. For some reason, you felt like you were leaving a chapter of your life behind you.

You talk a deep breath as you begin the long walk to Ritou.

Kazuha, please feel the same.