Part 3 - First Name Basis

Jay smirked as soon as he reached his car. He's expecting to see transaction records of May buying expensive things and show up tomorrow with new clothes.

Who wouldn't be tempted with money?

It's human nature. Why would she look for work if she doesn't want to spend?

Everyone is blinded by money.

...

May went back and found Ni-ki on her bed, staring at the contract. "You got in for real! I'm so proud of you." Ni-ki gave her a hug. "Maybe I should make more lucky brownies." He muttered to himself and went to the kitchen.

Meanwhile, May stared at the company card with her name engraved in it. Did Jay really expect her to buy something?

She fells asleep and woke up the next morning with breakfast prepared for her but they're all gone. Ni-ki left his brownie next to the breakfast they've prepared.

He's the sweetest.

May got dressed and went to the company expecting for her job introduction to resume.

"May, Mr. Park wants you in his office." She told her. It must be something urgent.

May reported inside Jay's office and found him where he usually stands whenever she enters his office. By the glass wall watching the traffic.

"Mr. Park." She cooed.

Jay turned around, frowning the moment he saw her outfit. "This isn't going to work. Miss Lee, follow me." He said then placed his coffee on his desk. May smiled when she saw her mother's teacup. He's actually using it.

She gladly followed Jay noticing Jehwa glaring at her. Why? What did she do this time?

Jay went to this VIP elevator that needs a card to open. It's an elevator made exclusively for him so he won't have to squeeze himself with a bunch of people when he's going up and down the building.

It might not seem like it, but Jay hates crowds. It irritates him the most.

"Miss Lee, this company is all about fashion. Imagine the controversy you'll make if the media spreads photos of you entering my building. I don't know how to say this nicely, but your outfit of the day looks like it's been picked out from the donations for flood victims." He frankly said. May has received yet another insult from him.

"The card I gave you is easy to use. You just pick some things from the store and you can swipe it on the credit card machine." He tried to teach her in case she doesn't know how to use it.

Yet another inult, but May tried to endure everything. She needs this job.

Jay's driver opened the door for the two of them. Jay made her enter first before him. Jay didn't even have to say anything. He already instructed his driver when he didn't receive any transaction records from May's card.

"Let me tell you something about fashion, you have to have confidence and own it. I'm going to pick your outfits but you have to have confidence wearing them. This will be the last time I'll be seen with you you wearing this fashion crime of an outfit." He told May as soon as they reached the nearest store.

Jay then hopped out of the car followed by May. She tried to read the store name but couldn't pronounce it. Jay led her inside and talked to the sales lady. They looked at May, shaking their heads because of her outfit.

"Where did you even get this top? The company might sue you for wearing a reject." They remarked. They're just as harsh as Jay. Somehow she felt like the hospital is a better workplace because they have a uniform and nobody would ever question you what you wear after your shift.