Part 7 - Not Anymore

May woke up with Jay standing in front of her. He seems like he's been there for a long time waiting for her to wake up. He looked away clearing his throat. "We're going to stop over. We can go to the duty free and buy something for friends and family." He said then placed 500 dollars on May's hand. "If you hate black cards so much, here's a cash. Budget it if you will." He said and left her.

May thought about Ni-ki right away. Ni-ki loves shoes. Especially the ones that he can use for sports. One problem though, she doesn't know which shoes is comfortable for Ni-ki.

She followed Jay and watched him shop. Apparently when rich people enter a shop, they just know what to buy. She would ask for something and he'd be entertained and even offered more items they can suggest him of buying. They all have that smile of victory because Jay has a really powerful card.

She followed him more and observed how polite and welcoming staffs are with rich people.

"May, you haven't bought anything yet. Want me to help you?" He asked in concern when May still has no paper bags yet. He wanted to slap himself for giving her only 500 dollars. Of course that can't afford shit other than candies.

"The truth is, I have no idea what to buy him. Also, nobody would entertain me inside a shop." She admitted.

Jay bit the insides of his cheek and decided to help May. "Would you like to buy him any fragrance?" He asked.

"Sure but I need some help with that." May shyly told him. After insulting him hours ago, she's now asking for his helps. It's embarrassing.

Jay took her towards the section for fragrance and said an specific brand. "Jo Malone, Lime Basil and Mandarin." He said to the salesman then glanced at May. "I've seen an almost empty bottle of this when I slept on Ni-ki's room. I bet he'd be happy to receive a new one. A cologne is important for a man. It shows that a man is trying to make an impression and makes us more put together. Each and every fragrance has it's own appeal." He told May but she obviously don't understand what he meant by that.

"Anyway, I'll get this for you. Go buy yourself something you want. Give yourself a reward for working so hard." Jay encouraged her like a father.

"I'm not sure what to buy. This shopping thing is new to me. I usually just spend at least five dollars on a thrift store. I can't buy these things without regretting it." She admits while smiling shyly.

"I'll help you if you want." Jay offered.

May hesitated at first. She didn't really want to spend the money and want to keep it in case of emergency. But then again, this is a vacation. "I kinda need comfortable shoes right now." She told him.

Jay glanced at her feet and reminded him that she is wearing heels. High heels are good for work since she has her own desk and work station near Jay's office, but it's definitely not for walking.

"Fine, let's buy sneakers but we need to buy you clothes that would go well with it." Jay told her showing her to a store that sells casual clothes. This is a vacation after all.

Jay bought her pants, a pain white shirt and a beige coat, then a pair sneakers from one of his favorite shop. May looks more comfortable now.

Jay asked the shop if May could already wear it and they allowed her. May thanked Jay for buying then saw the receipt. "Jay, this is more expensive than my cellphone. Let's put it back and ask for a refund." She said grabbing his arm.

The salesman frowned at first but faked a smile for Jay. "You can't ask for a refund once the tags are removed." He said with his obvious fake smile. May can see right through it. She doesn't know if Jay can also sense that this guy is only in it for the sales or not.