Part 6 - The Deal

Jay first to took May's passport and gave it to his employees.

"Where are we going?" May asked him. "You're already late for your meeting and Dahee's been calling me for hours now." May showed him her call log.

"I don't want to think anymore." Jay said and turned May's phone off, placing it on his pocket.

"Mr. Park, this is not a good joke." May desperately told him.

"It's not a joke. We're going to Japan." Jay said then took May's hand but she pulled it. Jay sighed at the sight of him frowning. "Oh come on, you'll still get your salary. Just help me get lost for a while. Which country do you like? China? Malaysia? Indonesia? Singapore? Philippines? Russia?" He asked.

"No! I have a family to take care of." She said making Jay snort.

Take care of?

The audacity of this girl is over the top.

"May, no offense but in a short while I was in your house it's more like Ni-ki's taking care of you." Jay didn't want it to sound like an insult but that's how it came out.

May still won't budge, which made him more frustrated. He's getting more stressed now because of her.

"Europe? US? Come on, there's got to be somewhere you wanna go." Jay offered once again.

May hissed, shaking her head in disbelief. "Mr. Park, you really think that money makes the world go round huh?" She asked. "I don't care who's taking care of who in my family. I just simply want to see my family and sleep in my own bed inside the my own house, no matter how loud my mother is, or how much I get in to trouble. My happiness is my family." She said, still refusing to go with him.

Jay didn't like how she talks about her family and home. It sounded more as if she's trying to brag that she has a complete family. Jay never really had any chaotic morning with his family especially this past few years.

He has no brother to make him brownies or remind him of his wallet and ID. There's nobody who would wait up for him outside his house when he's drunk and he has nobody to argue with when he lost or break any teacups.

"I can buy you whatever you may want. We circle the whole world. I can even buy you a house anywhere. Once you get ahold of these things you might even forget your family and desire more." Jay arrogantly told her. This time, he's not even aware how offensive he sounded. Not that he still cares at this point.

"No matter how much I earn and no matter how many material things I gain, family still comes first. I will never be blinded by money." May responded, and even pointed at his face in a disrespectful manner.

Jay pushed her hand down, smirking at her. "Earn? Are you kidding me? You were underpaid and overworked at your previous workplace. You've never had luxury items and been nowhere but hospital and home. If the hospital is so fucking damned, then the only wonderful place is home. I don't think you'll say that again if I take you the white beaches of Malaysia or Palawan." Jay bragged again.

May isn't even familiar with these places that Jay mentioned.

"I don't care about any paradise or riches if my family aren't there. I would never have fun unless my family is there." May still stood by what he said.

"Want a bet?" Jay challenged.

"No need to bet because I know to myself that without my family, I will never have fun. Ever!" She raised her voice to her boss. She seems to have forgotten that she's talking to her superior because Jay's acting like a spoiled brat right now.

"Never is such a long time, Miss Lee. Give me two weeks to change your mind." He tried to convince her. "Two weeks, we'll come back here like nothing happened. Come with me." He offered but this time he didn't sound like an asshole anymore.