Part 4 - Not A Dream

Jay escorted her inside and showed the resort where the fashion week is supposed to take place. At first she thought it'll be just two pools, one for kids and one for adults but there's tons of it. The whole place is huge.

The owner personally welcomed Jay. They look so sophisticated that May felt like an outsider. She observed the way they talk and she couldn't relate with the business talk. It's like fast talking offering some deals. She and Jay are then offered some cocktails to make the mood better so he would agree because it'll be a great promotion for the hotel if Jay approves this venue for the fashion week.

May didn't want to touch the cocktail and Jay noticed it right away. He raised a hand for the bartender. "One Non-alcoholic iced tea for the lady, please." He ordered.

The hotel owner glanced at her with malicious smile. May felt uncomfortable for a bit but as soon as they left after Jay said he'll give him a call, May can finally breathe again. Somehow she wanted to stay in Jay's car when they reach the next venue.

"How was it?" Jay asked her.

"I got a bit uncomfortable, actually. He's giving me a look. I didn't like it." She said honestly.

"Look? What look?" Jay asked her.

May demonstrates it making her look silly. Jay couldn't help but laugh at her. "Stop that, you look like a psycho." He said making May laugh with him.

"That's a 'no' then." Jay said then parked on the next one.

This time, the venue is a closed place. It's a hotel's ballroom. It's huge but after May explored the poolside of the first one, this felt suffocating to her.

"It's not bad, it smells and looks clean. The lighting would be perfect for the clothes but it lacks a summer vibe." Jay whispered to May.

This time, the two of them are offered dinner for the meeting. They were asked to try some food they're planning on serving during the fashion week.

Most of them are foreign taste to May. Some are even disgusting to her.

When they're offered wine, Jay asked for water for May. People started to look at May once again.

After that, May really didn't want to get out of Jay's car.

"How was it?" Jay asked her for her opinion once again.

"The closed ballroom is kinda suffocating if you ask for my honest opinion." She told him. "They gave me the a different look that made me uncomfortable." She told him.

"Why do people keep looking at you though?" Jay asked.

"I don't know. Did I smudge the eyeliner? This is why I don't wear make up. I rub my eyes frequently." She said looking at the mirror.

"You look fine. Stop stressing. We still have our last venue." Jay said as he drove faster making May hold on to her seat for her dear life.

She looked outside and noticed how beautiful the night lights are. She never really observed the outside of the vehicle. When she's going home from the hospital, she'd be too exhausted and take a quick nap before her stop. Sometimes she would miss her stop like what happened on her interview last time.

Night lights are actually pleasing.

Jay parked his car on yet another V.I.P. parking lot and opened the door for May once again. Maybe he really is a true gentleman after all. This time, the hotel looks busy, it's unlike the two other ones. This one must be famous.

May followed Jay inside and as expected, the owner welcomed him. "Mr. Park, we have an events center here that you'll love. We believe that this is worthy of your time." The man said, escorting them to the said events center.