Chapter 13 - You Suck

May woke up with a massive headache. She can even feel her eyes throbbing and burning. Flashbacks of last night flooded her head that her cheeks started to flush in embarrassment. All she wanted to do now is sneak out and go home without anyone knowing.

The problem is, she doesn't even know how she can buy plane tickets to fly home. She's never been this far from home before.

Jay suddenly came with a tray of food. "Rise and shine." He tried to joke and make the atmosphere chill and lite as if he's just a friend of May. Maybe then, she won't get uncomfortable.

May sighed, covering her face, mortified and frustrated with herself.

"Hey!" Jay placed the food in front of her. "It's my fault. I have forgotten that you're not supposed to drink." He told her.

"No it's me because I know to myself that I have low alcohol tolerance but din't stop drinking." May told him. She noticed Jay's phone blowing up, triggering her headache. "Put that in silent mode or I'll break it." She unconsciously muttered.

For some reason, Jay obeyed even though this girl is just his employee. "Please eat." He said while serving her the food. He made her a hangover soup and breakfast.

He really wanted to go to the beach with May today.

May started eating while Jay checked his phone. Tons of articles about May's breakdown at the beach are circulating the internet again. Jay had to excuse himself to make calls again for that. He didn't want to disturb Dahee any longer so he contacted Jehwa and asked Sunghoon to accompany her.

The truth is, he was once Jehwa's classmate before. He hired her because he knew what she can do. The girl is intelligent and street wise and has a strong determination.

Once she set a goal, there's nothing that can stop her from getting it. Her only downfall is she always look up and forget to appreaciate what's in front of her. She always feel like she's at the bottom. That's what Jay is trying to eliminate from her before promoting her.

Another thing about her is that, Park Sunghoon used to be her bully.

It'll be cool to give them a day to work out their differences. Jake would tell him the whole story, because Jake never leaves Sunghoon's side.

Jay smiled when the two agreed to all his favors. He wanted to know the whole story after and he just can't wait.

Jay then noticed more articles, and this time, it's not about him anymore. It's about May. The press now has her information. Not to mention, May's family's business is now rising. Just this morning, everything from the menu sold out.

Paparazzi's also took stolen shots of Ni-ki, which is not good. Jay had to protect Ni-ki's identity so he called his lawyers to take action. Ni-ki's still a minor. His school and address shouldn't be out in the public.

Fanmade accounts on social media dedicated to Ni-ki are now a thing as well. He's also on top trend on twitter. Jay sighed and sat down to breathe.

He looked in the ceiling for a minuted then stood up once again. He then noticed Mei standing in front of him. He jolted up and almost fell from the chair.

"Park Jay! Did you promote my step-father's restaurant?" She asked angrily as if it's a bad thing.

"I did." Jay spoke, wondering why she's mad at him.

May rubbed her temple and turned around in frustration.

"We manage that restaurant ourselves. We lack manpower. How dare you let this happen. My step-father now has to tripple his load to serve customers." She told him, still in a frustrated tone.