Chapter 12 - Beach

(Flashback)

Heeseung invited May to spend two days and one night in his family's beach house. Not just the two of them but a bunch of other friends from other schools that May doesn't know of.

While packing her things, she heard a loud clattering noise. Something just shattered in the living room. She got worried that maybe it was her cat - Baejin, and that he got hurt, so she ran towards the living room. She was reminded that she has a little brother when she saw Ni-ki standing beside a shattered vase, dumbfounded and terrified.

She carried her and placed him on the couch, looking for scratches or wounds. "Are you okay?" She asked him. "It's ok Ni-ki. Noona's here. Are you hurt?" She asked him in panic, but Ni-ki only shook his head.

It didn't take long for Miya to bust out of the kitchen to see what happened. She saw her broken vase and gasped, looking at May and Ni-ki.

"What happened here?" She asked the two.

"It's ok, mommy. I"m not hurt." Ni-ki told her. To Miya, it wasn't him she's worried about. She's worried about the vase. It was a present from a friend, and she values it a lot.

Because of that, she went to Ni-ki, grabbing his shoulders, shaking him. "What did you do? What were you thinking?" She yelled at the kid. "Why can't you just be more careful?" She kept yelling.

May wrapped her hand around Ni-ki right away. "Stop yelling." She told her mother. "He's a kid. He's innocent." She told her mother, taking Ni-ki to his room and packing his bag.

"May! What are you doing?" Miya asked, still yelling. "Make him clean this mess so he knows the weight of what he did." She demands but May carried Ni-ki outside the house where Heeseung is waiting for him inside his car. She opened the door and put Ni-ki and the bags inside then went in. "Drive! Drive now!" She told him.

When Miya got out of the house, Heeseung had already took off. "I thought you asked for permission?" He asked May.

"I did, but I didn't tell them I'd bring Ni-ki." May said as he wrapped her hand around her brother, protectively.

The person on the passenger seat glanced at them. "Hi, I'm Jaeyun." He introduced himself. "Hey, little fellow. Do you swim?" He asked Ni-ki.

The kid shyly grabbed onto May's neck and his face on her neck.

"He's a shy one, huh?" Jaeyun asked to kill the awkwardness.

"He's an active kid. Sporty kind once you get to know him." Heeseung told his friend. He's been dating May for a long time and he now knows a lot about Ni-ki. They play basketball and soccer together.

"He's cute." Jaeyun compliments.

"Ni-ki it's ok. They're nice people. Look, it's Heeseung." May told him, making Ni-ki smile and wave at Heeseung.

"Hi Heeseung hyung." He greets him.

"Ready to swim little guy?" He asked the kid.

"Swim? Are we going to the beach? I'm scared of tsunami." Ni-ki told them, holding on to May tightly.

"No little guy. Don't worry. You're not in Japan anymore." Heeseung reasured him.