Part 9 - Aurora Borealis

May approached Jay on the terrace, worrying about him. He seems upset about something, but May has no idea why. If she said something that upsets him, she's willing to apologize.

"Hey, are you ok?" She asks which made Jay glare at her because he obviously isn't fine.

"Stay away from me. I want to be alone." He told her in his usual demanding tone as if he owns her.

"What did I do?" May crossed her arms to her chest, annoyed. She couldn't stand Jay's behavior. He's so hard to read sometimes. He would get upset over small things and sulk like a kid.

He seems professional in his workplace, but whenever it's just the two of them, he keeps acting like a spoiled brat.

May turned her back at him. "If you want me to stay away and wanted to be alone, why bring me along? You should've just left me in Korea with my family. I already miss my brother. I bet he misses me as well. That kid gets misunderstood a lot that I'm his only friend." She said making Jay more annoyed because she's once again mentioning her family and her brother.

The closest people to him are Jake and Sunghoon. Sunghoon his the Yin to his Yang while Jake is the other 'J' that completes 'Double Js'.

"Take me back if you don't want me here," May said while tugging on this ugly bracelet she has, made of cheap yarn and cheap plastic beads.

Pathetic.

All this girl's properties aren't investments. They're all trash.

"Of course, you should go back because the big world scares you because you've been stuck in your small pathetic country." Jay insults her just because he envies her family set-up.

May turned, raising her hand to slap him but stopped herself and took a deep breath to calm herself down. This place is too fancy and the night sky is too beautiful to create a bad memory.

She pulled Jay in a hug instead. Ni-ki always gives her a hug whenever she's breaking down. He said that hugs are powerful and can mend wounds that aren't visible in the eyes of shallow people.

Jay closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. It felt good. Being comforted by a hug without words of advice overlooks how he feels. It's more genuine than being comforted with words that aren't meant.

May admired Jay's clean scent. His cologne smells expensive. She has no idea what she did to upset a man this powerful. He even has his own bank. Either way, she must've said something bad. She can't even remeber the things she said to him. She feels dizzy as well.

She doesn't like this feeling.

Like she has no control in everything she's doing.

Her hands are trembling.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to make you upset." she apologized, pulling away. She's expecting him to forgive her, but he stared at her coldly.

"Make up for it." he muttered. "Do something to make me forget." he demands. Now this is the Jay she knows.

"How about the food? I mean you bought the restaurant for the food." May reminds him, making Jay chuckle.

"I didn't buy the restaurant for the food. I just hate crowds." he shook his head. "I can't stand crowds. It makes me anxious."

May stared at him figuring out if he's being serious right now. He spent a fortune to have dinner, and now he's leaving without eating half of his food.

"Let's get out of here and show me how normal people have a good time, because this is definetely not working for the both of us." he said taking May's hand, dragging her out of the restaurant.