Explanations

Izuku wakes up in an unfamiliar place. The blank white walls remind him of his childhood bedroom. The same bedroom where his mother used to beat the shit out of him if he misbehaved. Izuku can feel his heart rate pick up and his muscles freeze in terror.

He tries to move his arms, but there is something around his wrists holding him there. Izuku starts to panic immediately. He HATES things touching his wrists. He struggles but the restraints won't come off! He starts to scream. All of his senses are dulled, so he doesn't immediately notice when the door opens and Eraserhead rushes in. Izuku try to see through the tears and hear what the blob of a human in front of him is saying, but he can't. The roaring in his ears won't go away.

---

Aizawa hears screaming down the hallway. For God's sake, he only went to the bathroom for five minutes! He runs into Midoriya's room to see the kid thrashing around and screaming his head off. Aizawa walks to the bed and tries talking to him.

"Kid! Hey, you're safe! Calm down, it's okay!" It's useless. The boy can't hear him. 

He does the only thing he can think of and undoes the restraints keeping the vigilante from running away again. Immediately, the boy's hands go to his chest and he starts scratching at his wrists. The screaming stops and instead, he curls into a ball and cries. Aizawa reaches over to rub circles on his back, trying to help him relax.

Midoriya's ragged breathing slows and his sobs abate into silent tears. He goes back to laying on his back, hands still kept close to his chest. 

"You with me, kid?" Aizawa asks. 

"Y-yeah," he stutters and takes a deep, shaky breath. "Where am I?"

"You're at a hospital. We found you bleeding out on the floor of your old house and rushed you here."

Midoriya pulls up his shirt to see what remains of the knife wound. He looks a bit troubled at the sight of the mostly healed scar and puts his shirt down after a moment. 

"I can't pay for this..." he starts.

Aizawa thought the look on the boy's face was because of his newest scar, but apparently, that didn't seem to phase him at all. Problem child.

"What do you want them to do? Reopen it? Don't worry kid, it's all taken care of. Do you remember any of what happened?" Aizawa asks, relief starting to show through his features. Midoriya obviously remembers getting attacked, but does he remember the events that led up to it?

"I-I was walking away from capturing three criminals when I felt someone behind me. I kicked them and they fell and hit their head. I went to check on them when..." his eyes go glassy.

"When what?" He refocuses.

"When they slashed open my stomach, kicked me in the face, and stomped on my leg. I walked to my old house to get a first aid kit when I collapsed. Looking back, I guess a first aid kit wouldn't have done much good, would it?" he laughs weakly. 

"No, it wouldn't," Aizawa agrees, smiling slightly.

The door to the room opens and Recovery Girl walks in. She's been in the room at least seven times already to heal the boy.

"Hello there!" she says to Midoriya. "How are you feeling?"

Midoriya looks a bit panicked. Probably because he can't hide behind his vigilante persona.

"It's okay, kid. She's with us. And the only person other than the pros who went to find you and the police chief that know your identity,"  the hero reassures him.