The Battle Continues...

Midoriya's POV

I run at Shigaraki, letting the world around me fade to black so all I see is him. I am determined to end this today. Someone as vile as him should not be allowed to run free. 

I try to land some punches, zipping towards and away from him, but his hands are always right there! I can't let them touch me or else I'll become the dust that's coating the ground. I'm starting to get worn out. I haven't spent as much time training because of school and it's really taking a toll on my stamina. But Shiggy is getting tired too. His movements are noticeably sluggish and easier to predict.

I dart in at him again, landing punches and dodging like a maniac. I need to keep his attention on me or else my plan won't work. I circle around him, keeping him in one spot. I try to land a final blow to his head, but I feel the tingling sensation of the air against my now bare torso as my clothes begin to disintegrate. Then, the screaming pain of flesh crumbling into nothing.

I yelp and quickly leap back. I grit my teeth and pull out a device from my pocket. The cool metal of the support item I made is held tightly in my grasp.

"This is the end of the line, Shigaraki," I spit, clutching my side.

I press and hold a button on the device and Shigaraki is encapsulated in a vortex of electricity. I planted small disks around Shigaraki as we fought. When the button is pressed, they connect to create an electric field that paralyzes its victims. It's one of my most overkill devices, but I had to use something that Shiggy couldn't disintegrate.

Shigaraki's raspy shrieks echo across the field. I wish I could say that the noise hurts me and that seeing the pain my actions have caused makes me feel guilty, but all I feel is a sense of justice. This is what he deserves for killing all those kids. This is what he deserves for making my life more miserable than it had to be. This is what he deserves for being a villain.

Aizawa's POV

"Oboro?"

"Hey, Shouta," Kurogiri/Oboro grins weakly.

Hizashi is beside me, eyes blown wide with disbelief.

"N-no! You're dead!" he screams.

"Heh, I guess it didn't take. I don't have a lot of time. Shouta, you have to kill me."

"What? There's no way that's happening," I say, still in shock.

"The only reason we are even speaking right now is because of your quirk. They did things to me. I am no longer myself anymore. I'm suffocating in this stupid purple cloud shit and I just want it to end!"

"What happened to you?" I demand, still not believing that my long-lost, dead friend is standing before me.

"I don't know exactly. I have no control over what I'm doing anymore. It's like I'm just a vessel for someone else. And it's a villain, no less! Please, I can't live like this anymore!"

"I can't," I choke. "I won't let you die again."

My eyes are starting to burn. I don't know how long they've been open. But I know that when I close them, my friend will be gone again.

"Please, Shouta."

My eyes fill with tears, making keeping my eyes open even more of a struggle. I need to keep them open just a little longer! I don't want to lose my friend again!

I blink.

Kurogiri has returned and is passed out on the ground.

Nemuri is standing over him. She must have used her quirk to knock out Kuro- no, Oboro.