Making a Move

Midoriya's POV

I wake up the next morning feeling more content with myself than I have for a long time despite the dull ache in my shoulder. As soon as I open my door, Eri has launched herself at me, refusing to let go of my leg. Shinso waves groggily at me as I enter the kitchen.

"GOOD MORNING LITTLE LISTENERS!!!" Yamada shouts as we take our seats at the table.

"Morning, Pops," Shinso yawns.

"Good morning," I mutter.

"I MADE PANCakes!"

Aizawa comes in, hair floating. "Hizashi, what have I told you about using your quirk this early in the morning?"

Man, does he look pissed. Everyone knows not to mess with Aizawa until after at least he's had his third cup of coffee. 

"Sorry about that, sweetheart!" Yamada gushes and kisses Aizawa's cheek. 

A slight smile graces Aizawa's lips as he leans against the kitchen counter. 

"So, Nezu warned me that we should probably head to school a few minutes earlier than normal this morning," Aizawa grumbles, looking tired again.

"Why?" Shinso manages to say around a mouthful of pancakes.

"Because for some reason, the press thinks it's their God-given right to butt into the business of my students. Apparently, they're swarming the school like wasps, trying to get any info they can about what happened with Endeavor."

"Wait, did something happen?" Shinso asks.

I look down at my feet and Shinso notices. He sighs, "What did you do?"

"I may or may not have devised a plan to get him thrown in prison," I admit. "He deserved it though! Believe me."

"Oh, that's cool. Dude is a flaming piece of garbage in my not so humble opinion. Only in it for the fame and money."

I'm dumbfounded. I glance around and everyone else shrugs in agreement. Man, I love my new family.

---

Still Midoriya's POV

If I thought the nervousness I experienced being around a ton of kids at school was bad, arriving to school this morning was a thousand times worse. We had to park a mile away from the school because so many people were crowding the gates. More cameras than I believed to exist in all of Japan were all flashing at any unfortunate student that crossed their path. As soon as I stepped out of the car, my body froze. It took at least ten minutes for Aizawa and Shinso to convince me to start moving towards the bloodthirsty mob.

As soon as we were in yelling range, reporters were screaming questions at us and pulling around their cameramen to a spot where they could get a good angle. 

"Are you in class 1A!?" "What happened to Endeavor!?" "Why is part of the video footage missing!?" "How do you know Tsuki!?" "What's Tsuki's identity!?" "Is everything that kid said true!?"

The sensory overload I was experiencing was so bad that I almost broke down and started screaming. But Shinso grabbed my hand and we charged through the crowd, leaving Aizawa behind to handle the press.

I find myself gasping from behind the gate.

"That was the worst thing I have ever experienced," I huff. I'm doubled over, hands on my knees, trying to calm down. "Man, do I hate people."