Yeah, I'm a Badass

Midoriya's POV

What the hell, Aizawa! He didn't tell me we were doing one-on-ones against me! And I was hoping to just sit back and observe. 

I guess it can't be avoided. I smile. This'll be fun!

"Alright, first up is Kaminari!" All Might announces, reverting back into his Symbol of Peace persona.

"Aw, why me?" Kaminari whines.

"Stop complaining and get on the field," Aizawa grumbles.

Kaminari and I walk onto the field. He gets in a fighting stance.

Now, when it comes to battling people you don't know, you have to be ready for anything. You don't know their quirk, their style of fighting, or what knowledge they have of you, so it's best to be extra careful and observant.

I notice electricity flickering around Kaminari's arms.  

Gotcha.

He just made a fatal mistake. Never show your cards to the enemy. One of the most valuable things you have in a fight is the element of surprise. By showcasing your quirk to the enemy beforehand, you give up almost any advantage.

I smile big at Kaminari and I see his confidence waver. He shakes it off and charges at me. 

Another mistake. Charging right at someone tells them where you are going so it's fairly easy to counter. Come on, Aizawa. What are you teaching them?

I track Kaminari's movements. He's about to reach me when I jump straight up, him running below me. Since he has an electrification quirk, I can't touch him. However, quirks like that typically have a time limit and require stamina. This should be easy considering how this kid basically ran in without a strategy.

I land on the ground softly behind Kaminari.

"You're going to have to move a lot faster if you wanna catch me," I say, taunting him.

Kaminari crouches and I know what's coming. I quickly leap as far away from him as I can as he lets out a large blast of electricity. A few bolts of lightning nearly hit me, but I am able to dodge them. I land back safely on the ground and Kaminari is lying face-down in the dirt. He rolls over and gives me a thumbs-up and a stupid smile. Yeah, he's down for the count.

"Midoriya wins. Next up is... Hagakure. This should be interesting."

I feel a presence come up next to me. She's invisible! Aizawa is right, this will be interesting.

"Begin!" Aizawa shouts.

I close my eyes. I can feel the air to my left move. I dodge what I assume is a jab to my stomach. I kick out my leg and feel a body fall over it. I am about to try and pin her down when I can't find her! I jump back up on my feet, eyes still closed, and expand my senses. I smell a hint of lilac-scented perfume and dive in that direction. My arms close around her and we fall to the ground. Her arms as legs are flailing and it's hard to catch them without being able to see. I lose my balance and she kicks me over her. I land hard on my back.

A dark smile comes over my face. 

Oh, it's on!

I roll backwards to my feet and stand in a fighting stance. I try to locate the invisible girl once more. I open my eyes and see the dust still floating in the air from our little wrestling match. I notice a faint outline coming towards me through the cloud of dirt. I run to her left, making it seem like I don't know where she is, and when her guard is down, I do a spinning back kick and get her right in the stomach. She falls and I pin her to the ground.