The Future of One For All

Midoriya's POV

Once again, I find myself in a hospital bed. But this time I am not strapped down. I sit up slowly. Fuck my side hurts! 

I pull up my hospital gown to see my entire torso wrapped with bandages. I didn't realize Shiggy got me that bad. Welp, time to prepare for another lecture from Aizawa. Oh, and that's not even to mention the fact that I brought two of his students into battle yesterday. He's gonna be pissed!

I readjust the blankets, stopping the chill that starts to run down my body due to the open window. The fresh breeze is welcome, the chilly air, however, is not.

I briefly contemplate ignoring the pain and closing it when the door to my room creaks open.

"Not thinking of running, are you?"

My head snaps over to the door and I see a clearly exhausted Aizawa. The bags under his eyes are larger than I've ever seen; his hair is a tangled mess, and his clothes are wrinkled. He looks like the embodiment of death. What happened?

"N-no," I stutter. My voice is hoarse.

Aizawa nods and comes closer to sit on the foot of the hospital bed. He leans over to grab a water bottle and hands it to me. I nod in appreciation.

We sit in contemplative silence for a while. Neither of us knows what to say. Nothing comes to mind, so I start with the basic when-you-wake-up-in-a-hospital-bed question.

"How long was I out?" I ask. It's not like I really care, but I am a tad curious.

"Five days."

I nearly choke on my water. I was expecting maybe 1-2 days, but five! That's crazy!

"You were in a state of hypovolemic shock due to extreme blood loss. You remained in and out of consciousness. Even Recovery Girl had trouble healing you because of your lack of stamina. So, we had to give you a blood transfusion and hope for the best."

I sit for a second, allowing the information to sink in.

"So... when am I free to get out of this place?"

"Are you shitting me!? You literally just woke up after five days and you think you are ready to leave!?" he asks incredulously.

"I feel fine."

"You have a hole in your side the size of a watermelon."

"Wow, I hadn't noticed." I roll my eyes.

There's a pause.

"I missed you, kid." Aizawa smiles.

Hizashi's POV

Shouta has been in the hospital every day and most nights for the past five days. When he found out Midoriya was in volemic shock, he flipped his shit. Every day he would sit by Midoriya's bed and tell him what he missed at school. Mostly he complained about how none of his students were as driven as him, but what can you expect? After seeing Midoriya's potential, it's kind of hard to not raise your expectations for other students, especially considering their added advantage of quirks.

The only time I see Shouta anymore outside of work is when I drop off some coffee for him. I am extremely worried for Midoriya, but I'm also worried for my husband. If Midoriya doesn't wake up soon, it will be bad for the both of them.

I enter the hospital and wave to the secretary. She knows Sho and me pretty well by now, considering how often we visit. I walk directly to the room I know my husband and Midoriya are. I notice a door open across the hall and a child crying. In the brief moment I look away, I walk right into a wet floor sign, effectively spilling scalding hot coffee all over my shirt.