Drive

Midoriya's POV

Aizawa and I drive to UA, not wanting to be interrupted by any wayward villains. I stare out the window at passing buildings. I don't feel like talking. I hate how after all these years of keeping terrible secrets, one look from Aizawa and I'm spilling my guts. Some of what I told him I was going to take to my grave. I suppose it is kind of nice not shouldering the burden myself, but the heroes and police really have no idea what they're getting themselves into. If any of them die trying to take down the League, it'd be all my fault. Whether I withhold information or not, they'll either go in not knowing enough, or thinking they know everything, neither being an advantage.

My eyes glaze over at the thought of all those kids Shigaraki murdered in cold blood. Their deaths were my biggest failure. I tried so hard to keep them safe and I failed. I remember this one kid, he was a boy about five years old, he was so scared. Shigaraki was in a rush and only disintegrated his torso, which was beginning to crumble. He was in horrendous pain, and I held his hands as he slowly bled out. There was no saving him, we both knew. He just didn't want to be alone, and I couldn't leave him. I remember feeling his grasp on my wrist go limp as the light left his eyes.

I don't register the tears in my eyes until Aizawa reaches over and taps my shoulder lightly. "You okay, kid?" he asks.

"Y-yeah," I breathe shakily. "F-fine."

He nods silently, knowing I'm lying but accepting that I don't want to talk about it. He must feel guilty for making me spill my guts not ten minutes earlier. As he should. I hate myself for how weak I am. At least I didn't tell him everything.

We pull up to the school and I climb the ladder up to my balcony, not wanting to be stopped by any of my nosy classmates. I noiselessly open the door and walk inside. The flash drive is on my bed, right where I left it. Thank goodness none of my classmates have the gall to go snooping in my room or it could have easily been stolen.

I leave my dorm just as silently as I entered it, ignoring the ladder as I did once before. Aizawa gives me a look but turns back to the car. We pull out of the school.

"So, what's on the flash drive?" he asks.

"A whole bunch of stuff," I say, holding the drive tightly. 

I think for a second about the night when my warehouse was raided and the information I left lying around.

"When you guys raided my warehouse, did you happen across my computer?"

"Actually, yeah."

"Well, everything that's on there is on the flash drive, plus a few other odds and ends."

"That's not very specific," Aizawa grumbles.

"It wasn't supposed to be," I smile cheekily. "Will I ever get the computer back?"

"If they haven't sent it back by now, they never will. They must not have found anything on it yet or they would be asking you to come in for questioning."

"So, they fell for my fail-safe!" I give myself a mental high-five.

"You seriously installed a fail-safe on your computer?" Aizawa gives me a questioning look.

"With all the stuff on there, I couldn't let it fall into enemy hands. If anyone entered the wrong passcode even once, all of the information would be deleted permanently. I kept the flash drive because I have very clumsy hands and type in the wrong code all the time. I didn't think the police would be dumb enough to try and guess my passcode though."

"Everything actually went to the Purple Revolution Agency for examination," Aizawa says.

"Wait, why would it go to them?"