2: We're good then

"Oh no, help me!"

"Hang on, Eve! I'm coming!"

"I - I'm losing my grip, Andy!!"

"Wait, Eve, hang on, I'm nearly there!"

"No! Andy, I'm falling!"

Andy caught Eve's hand just in time and fell on his stomach. He pulled her up and sighed, "Eve, are you...are you ok?" he asked in between gasps. She nodded, panting heavily.

Smiling gently, they hugged each other and slowly got up, staring into each other's eyes. "I love you, Eve" Andy said, finally saying it to her face after she nearly lost her life. She smiled back, "I love you too, Andy"

They sighed and chuckled in relief, at last able to be together forever.

I sighed at the end. What a great romance movie!

But of course, these so-called 'beautiful fairy tales' happen only in movies. In real life, it's just a random guy you meet, like him, tell him that and then he goes "Sorry but I don't see you in that way" or he's gonna be a fucking weirdo psycho who stalks you crazily afterwards. The former is most likely to be the popular guy at school, or the playboy. Either way, it's going to be a miserable failure.

But if a fairy tale really happens, it would be perfect.

Ew, no. I hate when it turns out cringey with all that lovey-dovey shit.

But when it's not?

Then, it's good. Tolerable.

I didn't know what to choose yet, be single or choose someone that I like. Single life seemed easier, less stressful, and we had the freedom to be a free bird who can do anything without being in the fear of our significant other falling out of love with us. But the fear that I might fall for someone who treats everyone with respect and loyalty was equally present in my mind. What if I like a guy a lot? Almost crazily? In a way that I'll never get over him? In that case, I'll be torn between the two options I've got.

Dreamingly staring into space, Jasper suddenly popped into my head and I straightened up. Why'd he come into my mind suddenly? I was just starting to think of the good stuff and he pops up, damnit.

That's when I realized that he hadn't returned yet. Where had he went, exactly?

He had been unpacking his last few things from the suitcase when I had started to watch the movie and now, I don't see him nor hear his voice anywhere. Maybe he's just looking around, but I've got to see where he went off.

Curious, I stood up and looked all around the living room and then the kitchen, in case he was just taking a snack or something. But no, he wasn't there in any of those rooms. I looked into my bedroom from outside and hesitated to go in and check; first up, the lights were out, which probably meant that he isn't in there. Secondly, I couldn't go in there if he was changing or something, could I? It's a habit for some people to turn off the lights while they're dressing and stuff. I know because I do it myself sometimes.

Wait, what if he just decided to leave me and escape? Great! I'm sure he grew tired of me in such a short time. If he did, I'll be grateful to him for the rest of my lifetime.

"Um...Jasper?" I called a bit slowly, as if in fear that he might return suddenly from wherever he went to. What if he's just hiding somewhere and suddenly jumps out to scare me, being his usual annoying self? Not that he'll ever try anything dumb like that, but just in case. Plus, I might probably die from shock if he does that - I'm not as much of a brave person as I pretend to be, y'know.