24: And you'll get one again if you dare say it again

When we were finally out of the hotel, I felt the fresh wave of wind hit my face. Subconsciously, a smile was plastered on my face. It felt like I was out of a prison or something, though of course, the hotel obviously didn't feel like a prison to me. I just couldn't find a better comparison than that.

The only thing that I was still a bit uncomfortable about over here and that kept me back from walking at nights here was that incident back when we were coming here and that creep harassed me. That touch still felt like they were burning into my skin, and I really creeped me out sometimes. I knew I could never forget that throughout my entire life, just like I couldn't forget...the incident after my first meeting with Jasper.

Avoiding all my thoughts quickly, I glanced around as mobs of people rushed into different shops. This was a very busy street filled with various boutiques, grocery shops, malls, literally everything that a person wants. People living in this street, especially the ones who live right nearby the mall, are so lucky.

"There it is," Jasper said, pointing to a tall but narrow building by our side. I could see through its clear windows different floors and different blocks with various shops. But the way in which it was so tall but so narrow made me think of Klaus, who's very tall but very lean, maybe even leaner than I am. Karly can never match his height, though, so her lean body matches well with her average height.

I nodded, "Sure, let's go."

Even before he could reply, I walked towards it and he followed. As we entered through the entrance, the cool air of the AC met us again. Though I was really getting irritated by always being in conditioned areas, I couldn't care about that in between glancing around the large building. This mall is huge, I realized, Completely different from the narrow place we saw from outside. Maybe it's partly because of its outer appearance too that the newer mall is more liked than this one and hence the lesser rush than usual.

"If we decide to shop at all places here, we wouldn't be done even by next week," Jasper said in awe, and I chuckled, "Who says so? I can."

I mean, though I do shop here and there in a month, I'm not a big fan of shopping as if in being completely addicted to shopping and going to malls during each and every weekend. So, what I expect from myself while entering a shop is to just go around, watch some stuff and buy one or two things while doing so, but not more than that. As I said before, I'm not a shopping addict, so I prefer keeping my time in a shop short but useful.

"I was talking about humans."

I paused and narrowed my eyes at him, "You just called me inhumane."

"Oh, really? Did I?"

Well, I just gave him a chance to ridicule myself. Shit. Good move, June.

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes, "Where are we going, anyways?"

Jasper frowned at me, "I thought you knew -"

"Yeah yeah, I obviously do. But where's the clothes shop here?"

"Do you think I've got a map of this mall?" He smirked, "We go around, we find out."

I nodded and we walked ahead, aiming at finding a good clothes shop first, then a stationary shop because both Jasper and I needed several items related to our works, and then going over to the next - if we've time left after all this, that is. Fortunately, we had to walk only a bit distance before we were met with the first clothes shop at the mall. There were several others right beside and behind it, but this one caught our eye than the others did because of its highlighted discount banner and the fact that it included some stationary and other items too.

"We're going there, aren't we?" I asked, staring at the shop in front of us with quite a thirsty look. I was more than eager to choose from the various collections of dresses it showcased as well as one or two items I might need for school next week, before our exams start.