15: Take it, I hate strawberry

It's finally during our drive to the electronics store when I told Jasper about everything I heard. Until then, I was too indulged in thinking further and further about this new knowledge to notice a thing Jasper asked about how I was, whether the bleeding had stopped, and if I was okay now. Empathy for Dorian grew even more in my mind as well as respect towards him for overcoming such a traumatic incident, and I admired the twins' dad even more for helping that guy even when his own daughter was at the hospital. I also mentioned to Jasper about how Emma was still grateful to everyone and wanted to see him too.

"I'm glad that you know everything now," Jasper smiled when I'd finished speaking, "So my guess was true. That was indeed your friend, wasn't it?"

I nodded, "I never thought he might have such a backstory behind him."

"Told you, people can be unexpected at the most unexpected times. You can never know what they might have went through, so it's better not to judge."

"I agree," I said slowly, "So you've been working with dad since you were 18, Jasper?"

"Pretty much, like as a sort of sidekick. But I was not yet qualified to officially join in any position, so it's only two years later that Mr.Jacobs gave me a job in his company."

I knew it. I knew that no one at eighteen could've a position in such a big business, whether it was someone close or not.

"Now you know why I respect your dad so much. He has not only helped me, but a lot of others," Jasper continued, "Both in the field of business and as a person, he's completely successful."

And I, his daughter, is a big failure in both. I'm not bad at studies, but neither do I qualify as a topper, and as a person - well, you already know. I've yet to learn from people around me though, like my dad, my friends, and even Jasper, who has acquired his part of respect from a lot of people and is pretty successful to gain my dad's trust. I'm the only one odd here.

Fortunately, Jasper was focused on driving to notice my sudden pause while talking and turn towards the window with a heavy sigh. I wish I could be as mentally strong as my friends are and not feel down at every single thing that happens to me, I wish I could be as kind and hospitable as my father is, and I wish I could have Jasper's confidence to survive in life and be convincing to everyone around me. Everyone else has a clear goal in their life and has went through downs and ups enough to structure themselves as a strong, mature person throughout their experiences. Everyone except me, that is. I'm still emotionally weak, immature and even stupid. I think I deserve some bad experience in my life to reshape myself to being a strong and mature person, and mainly, to know and understand the feelings of being left alone and stranded to fend for myself - like Dorian, Karly and Klaus has felt.

__________________________

"Hello, how may I help you?" a young lady greeted me at the entrance of the electronics store, smiling widely. I smiled back and glanced around, "I'm looking for a phone."

The lady glanced behind my shoulders, ignoring my response. I turned back and saw Jasper approaching us.

Why does he attract literally every woman? Is it because these women have never seen good looking men before? Well, not that he's that great-looking; if I were older, I'd never think of Jasper of being that good looking. I'd just appreciate his okay-ish looks and go my own damn way. Maybe I sound like I'm showing off, and yeah, I kinda am, but that's just me. He may be a little above the usual standards, but he definitely can't make me fall for him had I been in the place of these ladies here.

I rolled my eyes and turned back to the lady, whose badge read Lila Hedge. When I cleared my throat for her to listen to what I said, she turned her gaze back to me and nodded quickly, "Oh, yes, what model are you looking for?"