Chapter 7 curtis wants a curry

Thursday 9am
At school in the music room

"Me may me may me may me mahhh mooo"
Belts out corn dog noisily.
"Woah She's really good 😌" said Gertie smugly
Omg just piss off! - is what I'm thinking obviously I didn't actually say that because they might snitch to my mum about my naked day with squirty Curtis, I just couldn't risk it.
But this is exactly why I'm annoyed, I should be the centre of attention not corn dog! They're not even asking me what happened when I hopped in Curtis' corsa, I am MAD.
"Guys, guys listen to this I can play the triangle soo well!" I say trying to get the congratulations I deserve.
*ding ding* "see, I'm literally so great"
"Yeah I guess" replies corn half-heartedly
"Yeah and Curtis says he's going to teach me how to play the rusty trombone soon, he's soooo romantic, he told me it's the instrument of love I can't wait."
Gertie and corn dog look at each other like they're confused.
"You're both so jel of me and my love life, it's ultra pathetic" I snapped and stormed straight out.

At bramble wood they don't allow phones but I was in such a rage that no one asked me about yesterday that I thought to myself "you know what I don't care anymore, I'm going off the rails. I'm a bad bad gurl and no one can get Miranda Fergie MBE under control 🤘😝"

Ten minutes of scrolling on my phone in the corridor went by, I was smirking to myself just as I was about to whip it back in my blazer pocket I felt a sudden grip attach to my wrist. Chills covered my body. I knew exactly who it was..

"ERR MIRANDA FERGIE MBE!"
I looked up with a guilt giggle leaving my mouth.
"This is not a laughing matter!" The voice belted out sternly. The voice belonged to the one and only Mrs. Cox Zucker, the most hated teacher in the whole school district in the area.
"Don't you giggle at me! You should be ashamed of yourself. It's not often I find a prefect and head girl disobeying rules!"
"I know I know I'm so sorry Mrs Cox Zucker. It won't happen again." I reply with a shaky quiver taking over my tone of voice.
"I SHOULD HOPE NOT. I'm taking away your phone until the end of the day. That'll teach you a lesson." She snapped back I could feel her breath hit my face and the smell of cheese and onion crisps and old lady soup followed after.
My face crumpled. notifications where chiming rapidly on my phone as she took it away shaking her head.

The end of the day rolled around, it felt like the longest day of my life with out my phone and I was dying to know what the notifications were about!  I collected my phone and got in the limo with a deep sigh. I looked down at my screen and horror fled to my face. Every news article in the UK now read...

"Love island star Curtis Pritchard beaten up outside curry shop."

Curtis, 25, posts the picture shown above to his Snapchat story leaving fans in shock and tears

My hands slap against my cheeks in panic. My mouth drops down wide and my tongue dries out.
I look at the time it was published
*3 hours ago*
A tear rolls down my now hand marked cheek. I can't believe I wasn't there for him!
I check my texts
*5 new texts from squirty Curtis*
The first one reads
"Check my snap Miranda. I don't think imma make it out alive."
The 2nd one reads
"I know your at school Miranda but you have to answer me I'm in the sun news paper I'm a major celeb!"
The 3rd one reads
"Ok I'm actually getting mad now, I'm practically dying and you don't care. I made up a rhyme about you.. I'm black and blue, I wish you knew. You do not care, I wanna make you aware. After all I do for you! I caught you when you fell in horse poo💔"
The 4th one reads
"All gurls are the same💔🥀⛓"
The 5th one reads
"Wow so much for everything we've been through together. I can't believe I even told my mother about you..."

As the limo makes it to the end of the drive way I clamber out and dash inside. I text Curtis back "I'm so sorry Curtis I can explain! I had my phone confiscated at school. Please forgive me I sowwy 🥺"
He texts back almost immediately as I reach my bedroom.
"Noah fence but I don't believe you're lies Miranda Fergie. So much for sticking up for me.. and my willy at the beach the other day😣"
*A voice note chimes through*
I press play and I hear Curtis belting out
"You've betrayed meee! And I know that you'll never feel sorryyy! For the way I've hurttt"

I feel so bad, my body slams against my ginormous 4 poster bed and I burst into tears.

Will things ever get better for you and Curtis. Keep reading to find out xoxo