☆4☆

After school you had to head to the emperors castle for your work. You waved off your friends and then you were on your way.

After a bit you finally arrived, you had to show your verification pass your father gave you. They're extra cautious of intruders, normally they don't allow kids your age into the emperors castle, cause they don't want any troublemakers. But since they know your father and you've been working there for a bit they trust you.

First you go to the library, and drop your things off by a chair, where you will do your homework later after work.

Then you ready your plant magic and walk around the castle to study the plants, making sure they are growing nice and healthy.

There were many plants along the hallways you had to fix up, you would have fixed them sooner but stopped going to work for a while because of the bullying at your old school and also having to catch up with the courses you were failing.

The garden is probably gonna be the worst part, since you haven't been there for a bit too, and indeed it was the worst part. There was a bunch of weeds everywhere, all around the garden, and a bunch of the flowers and plants were wilting, making you frown.

It took a lot of concentration but eventually you managed to heal a majority of them, and pull out the weeds, and just like that it was good as new. The only problem was it was sunset, which is later than you intended to stay, but it's a good thing you alarmed your dad you would be staying overtime, you still need to finish your homework anyway.

You check in with one of the guards and they give you your pay, you managed to get more this time for staying over time, then you finally make your way to the library.

You swing open the doors and then sit down at your table where your stuff was, and pull out your homework. It shouldn't be that hard, it was just for healing, and you had to label the right herbs needed to heal significant parts of the body. Once you finish you decide to look around the library maybe take a book for the road, they always have some interesting books here.

You walk into a random section, having to do with old magic, since you're slightly curious. As you're studying the books along the isles you hear the library doors open, must be a guard looking for a book as well, so you continue skimming through the aisle.

'Common magic'
'Where did magic originate?'
'The meanings behind the types of magic'

You sigh, and look over your shoulder. It seems this palace guard is up close to some of the other books you were looking at, how interesting.

That's when you see a book of interest, labeled 'glyph magic' you reach out for it but that's when your fingertips land on top of the guards, reaching for the same book.

You jerk your hand backward and look at them. That's when you notice it's not a common guard, it's the golden guard.

"Oh, uh.. my bad you can take it, I was only curious it's not for my missions or anything important." He laughs awkwardly.

"Oh, um, thanks?" You say, as he hands you the book.

"Shouldnt let it distract me in the first place y'know?" He chuckles, and begins walking away.

You frown.

Suddenly this weird feeling in your stomach starts to grow, it kinda feels like it's something that wants to come out, you feel it, you don't know what it is, but it's coming, your clenching your fists.

It's a word vomit!

"Wait! I didn't know you were interested in old kinds of magic!" You suddenly blurt out.